Wireless Access

last person joined: 11 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

how much load will SDN API put on Lync FE server - this is during SDN API Lync integration with Arub

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  how much load will SDN API put on Lync FE server - this is during SDN API Lync integration with Arub

Posted Jul 09, 2015 01:48 PM

I have a customer with whom I am setting up controllers ( master-local) and integrating with Lync. We have installed LDL on their FE servers and Lync SDN API on a separate box and because Lync server will be acting as mediator to pull data from Lync client and send it to Lync SDN API manager server, they would like to know how much load this will put on the FE server. CAn anyone help please ? 

• 2.  RE: how much load will SDN API put on Lync FE server - this is during SDN API Lync integration with Arub
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 09, 2015 01:50 PM
    I've never seen any change in performance with it running. Might be a better
    question for their Lync/Skype for Business team.

• 3.  RE: how much load will SDN API put on Lync FE server - this is during SDN API Lync integration with Arub

Posted Jul 09, 2015 01:52 PM

Thank you, Tim. 

Would you happen to have a best practices guide for how they should install the SDN API ? 

Some of their questions are listed below and I could not find any resolution in Aruba technical documents.

1. While SDN API installation, its ask me to “join (or create) a pool of SDN manager” or “Set up an individual SDN manager that shares its setting  with other SDN manager” what option do I need to select?
    2. What is recommendation for SQL database instance? Can I use SQL Express edition?
    3. Can I store SQL database on same box? Where SDN API installed.
    4. Do you have SDN API installation guide?
    5. For Target URI. Do I need to user HTTPS://<controller FQDN>  or HTTP://<controller FQDN>  

• 4.  RE: how much load will SDN API put on Lync FE server - this is during SDN API Lync integration with Arub

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 09, 2015 02:14 PM
    There is likely Microsoft documentation for your questions. Are you using
    SDN 2.0 or 2.1? The architecture changed significantly in 2.1

The last question is more targeted towards Aruba. If you want to encrypt the
    XML datastream, you would use HTTPS and you would need to issue a server
    certificate to your controllers from the same CA that signs the inside of
    your Lync environment.

Some of this is covered in the Aruba VRD:
    http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Validated-Reference-Design/Lync-Over-A
    ruba-WiFi/ta-p/199813

• 5.  RE: how much load will SDN API put on Lync FE server - this is during SDN API Lync integration with Arub

Posted Jul 09, 2015 02:16 PM

Using SDN 2.1.

Thank you for your thoughts. They were helpful.