Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

how to adjust the trasmit power in individual AP out of one AP group

This thread has been viewed 23 times
  • 1.  how to adjust the trasmit power in individual AP out of one AP group

Posted Aug 11, 2014 11:15 AM

Hi Friends ,

if there is requirement of changing the transmit power/EIRP  which is default 9  of one individual AP , how do I change ?

I have one master controller and all the branch local controllers are connected to master.

Could you please provide GUI path ?

Thanks ,

Vinod

• 2.  RE: how to adjust the trasmit power in individual AP out of one AP group

Posted Aug 11, 2014 11:42 AM

You can configure it under Configuration -> AP Configuration -> AP Specific

• 3.  RE: how to adjust the trasmit power in individual AP out of one AP group

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 11, 2014 09:27 PM

MAKE SURE when you are modifying the 'AP Specific' settings that you are not modifying shared groups and settings, and that you are creating specific profiles to what you need to change (ala if you modify the default dot11a profile for a specific AP, it will be changed for ALL APs that are using that profile. So you would want to create a profile for the specific setting you are wanting to change.

• 4.  RE: how to adjust the trasmit power in individual AP out of one AP group

Posted Aug 12, 2014 03:26 AM
    so u mean i will nt able to change settings for specific AP since it is part of one of the AP group ... my scenario is lets say i have requirement of one specific AP to change transmit power... How to change ? I don't have any AP listed under AP specific option ... How to create or profile just one single AP where I need change settings?

• 5.  RE: how to adjust the trasmit power in individual AP out of one AP group

Posted Aug 12, 2014 04:05 AM

Well like there is said here above: with "AP configuration" => "AP Specific"

add a new one with the name of the specific AP. It will inherit all settings of the group where the AP is in.

then go to your RF management of that specific config. Best thing to do is to create a new radio profile  (before it will say --INHERITED--)  with a new ARM profile over there, since otherwise you are adapting existing profiles (so also all APs that have these existing configurations) . That is what Jerrod Howard is saying.

• 6.  RE: how to adjust the trasmit power in individual AP out of one AP group

Posted Aug 12, 2014 10:23 AM

Thanks for your reply .... as per your explaination , we need to add respective AP into AP specific and change the value into AP specific ... right ?

• 7.  RE: how to adjust the trasmit power in individual AP out of one AP group
    Best Answer

Posted Aug 12, 2014 10:29 AM

yes indeed, but with new radio and arm profiles that override the AP-group profiles