Wireless Access

last person joined: 11 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

how to create the user derivation-rules to control the devices ?

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  how to create the user derivation-rules to control the devices ?

Posted May 25, 2013 09:54 AM

I want to allow one andriod to access the internet, other andriods are not allowed to access to  Internet .

Is it not possible to use  the role-derivation on the anriod ? how to do it ? I need your help , thank you!

platform  :

aruba os 6.1.x

method :

dhcp fingerprint

my english is so poor . 

• 2.  RE: how to create the user derivation-rules to control the devices ?

Posted May 26, 2013 12:37 AM

If you want to give different permissions to different androids you need clearpass

If you use fingerprint the rule will apply to all the androids..

Cheers

Carlos

• 3.  RE: how to create the user derivation-rules to control the devices ?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 26, 2013 07:57 AM

@lmxc001 wrote:

I want to allow one andriod to access the internet, other andriods are not allowed to access to  Internet .

Is it not possible to use  the role-derivation on the anriod ? how to do it ? I need your help , thank you!

platform  :

aruba os 6.1.x

method :

dhcp fingerprint

my english is so poor . 

If you want only a single device to go to the internet, maybe you can do a user derivation rule which places a device that begins with that mac address in a specific role.

• 4.  RE: how to create the user derivation-rules to control the devices ?

Posted May 26, 2013 11:51 AM

I  have used this to deny my andriods with  dhcpfingerprint,but I want to allow to someone to access to the internet。There I have tried to create rules with mac-address to allow my andriod to access to internet ,at the same time , the other devices are allowed to access to internet ,too.This is what I don't  want to see.   I don't known you can understand my words. 

policies :

ip access-list session mdac
    user any udp 68 deny log
    user any svc-icmp permit

user any svc-dns permit

aaa derivation-rules user devices
    set role condition macaddr equals "84:74:2a:f9:ee:af" set-value authenticated description "myandriod"
    set role condition dhcp-option equals "0c616E64726F69645F" set-value devices-ctrl description "andriod 2.3"
    set role condition dhcp-option equals "3c6468637063642034" set-value devices-ctrl description "andriod 2"
    set role condition dhcp-option equals "37010f03062c2e2f1f217" set-value devices-ctrl description "unkown1"
    set role condition dhcp-option equals "37012103060f1c333a3b" set-value devices-ctrl description "andriod4.x"

my device's derivation-rules is devices ,but it can't access to internet.

• 5.  RE: how to create the user derivation-rules to control the devices ?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 26, 2013 11:56 AM
    What criteria do you want to use to determine who can go to the internet? Is it username? Is it MAC address? Is it operating system? With user rules, you can only use one criteria to determine what role a device gets. All of the other criteria are ignored.

• 6.  RE: how to create the user derivation-rules to control the devices ?

Posted May 26, 2013 12:11 PM

Maybe it's mac-address . mac authentication can solve my problem,but it's complex to collect the macs. 

• 7.  RE: how to create the user derivation-rules to control the devices ?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 26, 2013 12:20 PM

Well,

How many devices do you need to make this exception for?

• 8.  RE: how to create the user derivation-rules to control the devices ?

Posted May 26, 2013 12:46 PM

Some people is guest ,I can't identify them when they access to internet 。It's hard to limit  the guest。

• 9.  RE: how to create the user derivation-rules to control the devices ?

Posted May 26, 2013 11:24 PM

At the moment you have how many broadcasted SSID

It is possible for you create a SSID just specially for Guest or visitor? Then create or assign a VLAN to the guest and just only allow go to internet, don't have access right to access your office network.