Wireless Access

last person joined: 18 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

how to disable the wireless management of Access point in Aruba Mobility controller through GUI?

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  how to disable the wireless management of Access point in Aruba Mobility controller through GUI?

Posted Nov 13, 2013 04:49 AM

Hi,

Please help to understand - how to disable the wireless management of Access point in Aruba Mobility controller through GUI. I need the AP management to be done only through AAA.

Regards,

Nagammai.

• 2.  RE: how to disable the wireless management of Access point in Aruba Mobility controller through GUI?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 13, 2013 08:15 AM

Hi, just trying to understand your question.

You'd like to disable the Web GUI for the controller and only use the CLI 

-or-

You'd like to use RADIUS/TACACS for management authentication to the controller

• 3.  RE: how to disable the wireless management of Access point in Aruba Mobility controller through GUI?

Posted Nov 14, 2013 12:54 AM

Hi Tim,

I'd like to disable the wireless management of Access points. For logging into the Access points, either I should connect to ACS or from wired network i should do the remote management of Access points.

Please let me know how to implement this.

Regards,

Nagammai.

• 4.  RE: how to disable the wireless management of Access point in Aruba Mobility controller through GUI?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 14, 2013 03:14 AM

@Nagammai wrote:

Hi Tim,

I'd like to disable the wireless management of Access points. For logging into the Access points, either I should connect to ACS or from wired network i should do the remote management of Access points.

Please let me know how to implement this.

Regards,

Nagammai.

Nagammai,

There is no button to do it.  In the roles of wireless users who connect, you need to insert a firewall rule which blocks traffic to the IP address of the controller using TCP 4343 (keeps them from logging into the GUI) and TCP 22 (keeps them from using ssh).