Wireless Access

last person joined: 16 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

iOS VIA Client - Controller Code Requirements

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  iOS VIA Client - Controller Code Requirements

Posted Jan 26, 2012 09:04 PM

I can't locate any Release Notes for the iOS VIA client.    Does it require 6.x on the controller, or will it work with 5.x controllers?

• 2.  RE: iOS VIA Client - Controller Code Requirements
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 26, 2012 09:07 PM

@clembo wrote:

I can't locate any Release Notes for the iOS VIA client.    Does it require 6.x on the controller, or will it work with 5.x controllers?

I got the answer that "6.1.x is highly recommended".

• 3.  RE: iOS VIA Client - Controller Code Requirements

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 27, 2012 05:32 AM
      |   view attached

VIA for iOS are located on the Aruba support site, together with the software download

From Page 1 of the Release Notes for VIA client 1.0.0.1

"Aruba VIA 1.0.0.1 for Mac requires MacOS 10.5 or later and controllers running ArubaOS 5.x or later. However, to
    use the wireless configuration push feature, you will require computers running MacOS 10.6 or above and
    controllers running ArubaOS 6.1."

Attachment(s)

• 4.  RE: iOS VIA Client - Controller Code Requirements

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 27, 2012 06:17 AM

@sadams wrote:

VIA for iOS are located on the Aruba support site, together with the software download

From Page 1 of the Release Notes for VIA client 1.0.0.1

"Aruba VIA 1.0.0.1 for Mac requires MacOS 10.5 or later and controllers running ArubaOS 5.x or later. However, to
    use the wireless configuration push feature, you will require computers running MacOS 10.6 or above and
    controllers running ArubaOS 6.1."

I believe the question was about the IOS release of Via, NOT the MAC version.  The answer is that ArubaOS 6.1 is recommended.

• 5.  RE: iOS VIA Client - Controller Code Requirements

Posted Jan 27, 2012 11:02 AM

Colin is right.  I am looking for the requirements for iOS, not MACs.    "Highly Recommended" is a good enough answer.   We are going to have them go with 6.x regardless.  

• 6.  RE: iOS VIA Client - Controller Code Requirements

Posted Jan 27, 2012 05:17 AM

I have a 620 running code ArubaOS 5.0.4.0, VIA runs quite happily! You will of course need the PEFV license, but i'm sure you knew that!

:)