Wireless Access

Occasional Contributor II

Re: iPad 2 Issues

We do have an open SSID available with limited access to internal resources but the problems are present when connected to an 802.1x authenticated network with mixed mode encryption.

Aruba Employee

@James Holland wrote:

We do have an open SSID available with limited access to internal resources but the problems are present when connected to an 802.1x authenticated network with mixed mode encryption.

Yes. For my iPad 1, it didn't matter what kind of encryption was being used, as here on our campus we have three right now (open, wpa2-psk, wpa2-aes). This just further proves my belief that this is an Apple issue.

Zach

Thanks,

Zach Jennings
Guru Elite

James, do you have a TAC  case open for this already?

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.4 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Central Documentation
Aruba Technical Webinars
Aruba Employee

This solution seems crazy, but I saw this on an Apple forum.  This may not even be the exact issue you're seeing.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/2391395?start=0&tstart=0

Guru Elite

The last post in that forum is a year old, unfortunately.  If a TAC case is opened we can certainly target that.

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.4 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Technical Webinars

We've got a call open with our supplier, I'll ask them to log a TAC case with Aruba.

I've also now had a report of an iPad 1 with the same issue.

Aruba Employee

@James Holland wrote:

We've got a call open with our supplier, I'll ask them to log a TAC case with Aruba.

I've also now had a report of an iPad 1 with the same issue.

James,

Let us know if you still see the issue in iOS 5.0.1.

Thanks,

Zach Jennings
Guru Elite

That would be good. If you want to do some debugging yourself, this is what we can do:

Turn on debugging for that device:

config t
logging level debug user-debug <mac address of device>

Next, connect the device and disconnect normally.  Then reconnect, replicating the behavior you mentioned before.  Lastly, obtain the logs for that device:

show log user-debug all | include <mac address of device>

Assuming that you can replicate the issue, we can at least get an initial picture of what is happening from the logs.

ArubaOS 8.4 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Technical Webinars

Will do, I'll let you know how I go on Monday.

It looks like the update to 5.0.1 has done the trick. I've been conected all day without a problem. We'll see how it goes tomorrow before we declare a victory!

In the meantime I have advised other users to upgrade.

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: