Wireless Access

last person joined: 16 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

importing CSV file to internal DB

This thread has been viewed 10 times
  • 1.  importing CSV file to internal DB

Posted May 27, 2013 02:29 PM
    Hi All

We are using controller 3600 with version 6.1.3.5
    I have created CSV file with user accounts in order to import it to the controller

I was able to import the CSV file to the controller successfully by going to Authentication - > server - > internal db -> import.

After importing I could not see any user entries in the internal db.

1. Am I doing something wrong in creating CSV file?
    2.do you have any procedure how to create CSV file and also how to enter the user entries into the CSV file in order to import successful?

Thanks in advance

• 2.  RE: importing CSV file to internal DB

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 27, 2013 03:26 PM

You should only be able to import something that you already exported from the controller.

For what you are trying to accomplsh, please see the Excel method here:  http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Mobility-Management-System-MMS/Enquiries-on-Aruba-s-internal-db/td-p/1299

• 3.  RE: importing CSV file to internal DB

Posted May 27, 2013 06:34 PM
    Hi CJ

Thanks for your reply.

My question is I am trying to import the bulk guest user account to the internal db. How can I achieve that?
    In the user guide it has mentioned that we have to create CSV file and then we need to import them.

thank you

• 4.  RE: importing CSV file to internal DB

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 27, 2013 06:41 PM

Okay.  A guest user list can ONLY be imported, if it was first exported from an Aruba Controller.  a CSV cannot be imported.

What you have to do is to use excel to put the usernames and passwords in two columns.  In excel, you should also put the commands to add each user in colums around the usernames and passwords.  Copy and paste the commands into the commandline on the controller.  For example, the format for adding a user (or guest) on the commandline is:

local-userdb add username <username> password <password> role <role>

So what you have to do in excel is create a column that has "local-userdb <space>" in one column, your usernames in the second column, "password" in the third column, the password for that user in the fourth column.  Make a list like this :  http://community.arubanetworks.com/aruba/attachments/aruba/67/17/1/local-userdb.jpg

Select all the rows and columns and paste into the commandline in the controller.