Wireless Access

last person joined: 19 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

importing back the CPPM ovf, eth01 interface not found

This thread has been viewed 21 times
  • 1.  importing back the CPPM ovf, eth01 interface not found

Posted Jul 13, 2018 12:36 AM

hi to all,

I need to expand the vhardisk of my CPPM VM for me to be able to add more upgrades. however after importing it back,  I cant reconfigure  MGMT ip address due to "eth0 interface not found" error. I already removed and readded the two network adapter in the VM but error still remains.

anyone here who had same experience?

TIA :)

• 2.  RE: importing back the CPPM ovf, eth01 interface not found

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 18, 2018 08:58 AM

Please reach out to Aruba Support. From your description, I don't get an idea of what might be wrong. Support can troubleshoot with you or assist you to spin up a new ClearPass and migrate licenses if that is better.

• 3.  RE: importing back the CPPM ovf, eth01 interface not found
    Best Answer

Posted Jul 22, 2018 10:13 PM

Hi Herman,

sorry for late reply. It seems the IP configuration on MGT port before exporting the ovf gets lost after importing it back to another server . also whenever CPPM CLI console asks for MGMT I.P, it says eth0 interface not found.until I was able to reset the interface/nic port. took me hours to figure out.

thank you very much for your responses :)

• 4.  RE: importing back the CPPM ovf, eth01 interface not found

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 14, 2019 07:44 AM

Just in case anyone else has the same issue. To fix it you just need to run the command: system network-refresh and restart the VM. 

• 5.  RE: importing back the CPPM ovf, eth01 interface not found

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 29, 2020 09:12 PM

Hi,

correct command is system refresh-network that needs to be ran in order to scan for new mac addresses and attach them to eth0 & eth1.

Thanks.