Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

iphone wirless connectivity issues with Aruba Access Points

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  iphone wirless connectivity issues with Aruba Access Points

Posted May 07, 2014 01:41 AM

Hi Everyone,

We are facing an issue as iphone devices are showing less signals on Wifi signal bar,as compared to other vendor phones ,and they disconnect frequently when u move away from Aruba Aps in same scenerio other vendor phones like

Blackberry are connecting in the same position as iphone gets disconnect.Important point is iphone is facing no issue with Cisco Linksys .Please help out  as i think it can be issue with Arube OS and IOS.

• 2.  RE: iphone wirless connectivity issues with Aruba Access Points

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 07, 2014 04:36 AM

Please describe your setup:

- What access points

- How far apart are they

- What power are the access points running at

- Are they using a/b/g?

• 3.  RE: iphone wirless connectivity issues with Aruba Access Points

Posted May 07, 2014 05:57 AM

We are using

ap 92 ,controler based solution.

3600 Series Controler.

AP are using a/b/g

access points are far apart max. 5 metres

the issue is only with iphone devices

• 4.  RE: iphone wirless connectivity issues with Aruba Access Points

Posted May 07, 2014 05:00 AM

Hi

There are several factors to this problem/behavior.

The bars do not specify exact the assisiation speed to which you are connected, but give you an indication.

Head over to the dashboard on the controller, find the devices and compare the speed you are assosiated to the AP.

At the same time, Apple devices tend to be a bit more sticky to it's "home" AP than other devices, but usually they roam as other devices.

One important thing to share is wether you are using AP-225 or not. I have seen extensive problems with AP groups that were made for older AP's (mainly AP-130), when the customer upgraded to AP-225.

In this scenario, we had to make seperate AP groups for the AP-22x, and also did a bit of tweeking with the help of Aruba.

The problem was not only with iPhone, but other devices aswell. But Apple devices was more often affected.

Roar Fossen

• 5.  RE: iphone wirless connectivity issues with Aruba Access Points

Posted May 07, 2014 06:05 AM

here in my scenerio the issue is only with iphone devices as iphones upgrade to ios 7.Can it be a firmware level issue,

We r not using AP 225.ok and important point is iphone has no issue in case of cisco AP.

• 6.  RE: iphone wirless connectivity issues with Aruba Access Points

Posted May 07, 2014 08:29 AM
    What are your min and max power settings? Like some have said iOS devices can tend to be sticky and if an AP is blasting at max power and can be heard everywhere the device may be less likely to roam to the better AP.

• 7.  RE: iphone wirless connectivity issues with Aruba Access Points

Posted May 09, 2014 03:35 AM

Sorry for my long absence my issue still exists what i understand from your comment that if iphone stick to one AP 1 ,then even it is receiving very minimal signal from AP 1,it will stick to it until this AP 1coverge area does fade away,and it will not connect to AP 2 even it is receiving more signals from AP 2 than AP 1.

My system Max transmit power=133

Mysystem minimum transmit power=27