Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

is there a way to see the firewall policy alias?

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  is there a way to see the firewall policy alias?

Posted Feb 26, 2015 07:28 PM

I am trying to understand the system I inherited. The policies make intuitive sense but most of them use alias's that sounds legitimate but I can't find any way to actually see what they are. For example, the attached graphic shows that my captive portal people can use HTTPS to get to some address or range  called "mswitch" but I can't figure out where it tells me exactly what "mswitch" is.

Can anyone point me where to look?

MArk

Capture.PNG

• 2.  RE: is there a way to see the firewall policy alias?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 26, 2015 07:30 PM

Some of these are system generated and shouldn't be modified.

You can view the contents of the system-generated aliases at the CLI by running:

show netdestination mswitch

• 3.  RE: is there a way to see the firewall policy alias?

Posted Feb 26, 2015 07:55 PM

Thanks Tim, that solved it.

That does bring up a difficult point for me though. The way I read that policy is that port 80 and 443 are port-nat'ed (is that the right way to say that?) to 8080 and 8081.

My problem is that I don't have a rule in my fortigate firewall that allows ports 8080 and 8081 out onto the internet, so theoretically anyone using the guest policy should not be able to surf the internet.

Obviously I still have more learning to do!

Mark

• 4.  RE: is there a way to see the firewall policy alias?
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 26, 2015 07:57 PM

Yes, this happens at the controller which allows the captive-portal redirect. You do not need to change any ports in your firewall. It is destination NATing the traffic internally inside the controller.

• 5.  RE: is there a way to see the firewall policy alias?
    Best Answer

Posted Feb 26, 2015 11:14 PM

You can run  #show netdestination ipv4 to check all your IPV4 aliases.

Or you can check from GUI.

aliases.jpg

• 6.  RE: is there a way to see the firewall policy alias?

Posted Feb 27, 2015 01:40 PM

thank you both!

1) I had no idea how to use the cli to see those things

2) I didn't even realize the stateful firewall was in use and had never looked at the gui for it..lol. I had assumed since I have a fortigate firewall the firewall built in to the aruba controller was not enabled. Obviously that is not accurate.. more reading!

Thanks again.