Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

mDNS between wired and wireless

This thread has been viewed 12 times
  • 1.  mDNS between wired and wireless

Posted Feb 17, 2018 05:45 AM

Hi all, I have a 7030 wireless controller and Aruba 3810 and 2903 switch infrastructure. I have enabled Airgroup and ticked drop broadcast and unknown multicast. I have configured 3 SSIDs, 1 dot1x, the others PSK, one of the PSK's (VLAN 20)  has AppleTV and Chromecast devices. As it is dot1x devices can connect and play/cast to the devices on the PSK SSID as required. Problem is wired devices on the same VLAN (10) as the authenticated dot1x devices cannot. Also need a server on another VLAN (VLAN 40) which is trunked to the 7030 and uses bonjour (Filemaker Pro) is not seen even if I add it manually, via the MAC address. If we run AirParrot on a wired device on VLAN (10) the 7030 does not see any mDNS from it and it can't see any devices. Do I need to configure some sort of mDNS gateway configured on the 3810 which is the core switch? I thought if there is a trunk to the wireless controller with all the VLANs that require mDNS the controller would control it all? What have I missed?

• 2.  RE: mDNS between wired and wireless

Posted Jul 18, 2018 10:20 AM

Hey Wiggs,

Were you able to resolve this issue? We are seeing similar behavior. Thanks!

Brad

• 3.  RE: mDNS between wired and wireless

Posted Jul 18, 2018 04:30 PM

Hi Brad, we had a job logged with Aruba Support who worked through the config and couldn't resolve completely. So we can see devices between wired and wireless but not between wireless vlans. The advice I received from a Aruba tech in country said we need to make the physical port untrusted. " I have my wired ports as untrusted and default role as authenticated to get visibility from the wired side."

I haven't been able to get back to try that but it is on my list. When I do I will give an update either way.

Robert

• 4.  RE: mDNS between wired and wireless

Posted Jul 18, 2018 05:13 PM

Thanks Wiggs. We will look into that as well.

• 5.  RE: mDNS between wired and wireless

Posted Feb 22, 2020 09:43 PM

Same problem here, need to have eXxothermic Listen Everywhere to works between wireless vlan also. Have enabled msns and register its service on airgroup and mdn profile but not working. 

• 6.  RE: mDNS between wired and wireless

MVP
    Posted Sep 10, 2021 06:47 AM
    Any updates on this? We just updated to OS 8.7 and wireless users can't see wired MDNS servers even on the same VLAN.

------------------------------
    Nathan Kuhl
    ------------------------------