Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

mac auth database retrieval

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  mac auth database retrieval

Posted Mar 03, 2015 06:35 AM

Hi all, I need to retrieve the mac auth table off an old 6000 controller, preferably off the local as the master will probably crash... any idea where I find it as it has over 700 entries and i need to put on a new controller....

Thanks

• 2.  RE: mac auth database retrieval

Posted Mar 03, 2015 06:45 AM

HI,

If you are using the local DB for the MAC auth, that should be available in the local db. you boot up the local controller and remove the master IP and take the backup and restore it in the desired controller.

Please feel free for any further help on this.

• 3.  RE: mac auth database retrieval

Posted Mar 03, 2015 06:51 AM

Hi,

You can export the local user DB separately by using "local-userdb export <File name>" , then copy this  file from the flash to any other location ( ex:  tftp server).

Hope you got some more clarity on this,

Please feel free for any further help on this.

• 4.  RE: mac auth database retrieval

Posted Mar 03, 2015 12:40 PM

Hi thanks for that, tftp'd the file off but there are no entries, just a load of text, said on the controller 700+ entries successfully exported ?

Any ideas

• 5.  RE: mac auth database retrieval

Posted Mar 03, 2015 12:48 PM

Hi,

Are you able to see MAC entries in the local controller from where you are trying to export ?

try with "show local-userdb " , if you can see all the entries then you can export and into tftp and import to any controller by using "local-userdb import"

Please feel free for any further query on this.

• 6.  RE: mac auth database retrieval

Posted Mar 04, 2015 06:25 AM

Venu, excellent worked perfectly....

many thanks