Wireless Access

Upcoming community maintenance Oct. 27th through Oct. 29th
For more info click here
Highlighted
Guru Elite

Re: master discovery - automatic / host or master controller

Change them back to the defaults in the screenshot and they should all rely on your default discovery method (DNS or DHCP option).

If this is a large-scale change, I would consult your local Aruba SE, an Aruba reseller or Aruba TAC before you make that change.  There is little reason to change those parameters from the defaults except in limited circumstances.

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.5 User Guide
InstantOS 8.5 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Video Knowledge Base
Remote Access Point Solution Guide
ArubaOS Consolidated Release Notes
ArubaOS 8 ViA VPN Solution Guide
Highlighted
MVP

This is the query I have what should the "default" discovery method be (DNS or DHCP?) and how do I change between both which method I want to use?

Highlighted
Guru Elite

My post here:  http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Wireless-Access/master-discovery-automatic-host-or-master-controller/m-p/375268/highlight/true#M77808 has the screenshot of how it should be by default.  It should not be changed from that.  If you simply configure "aruba-master" in your DNS server to point to the ip address of your master controller or the VRRP between your master and backup master, you should be done...  The APs will come up, resolve aruba-master.yourdomain.com and get the correct configuration for their AP-Group, including HA and/or LMS-IP settings.  Those HA and LMS-ip settings will then determine where the APs go from there.  Again, the settings in the screenshot are what the APs will look for when they are cold booted and the majority of users use the DNS method, because it is easy to do for the enterprise.

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.5 User Guide
InstantOS 8.5 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Video Knowledge Base
Remote Access Point Solution Guide
ArubaOS Consolidated Release Notes
ArubaOS 8 ViA VPN Solution Guide
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: