Wireless Access

last person joined: 16 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

master local controller exporting local-userdb-ap

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  master local controller exporting local-userdb-ap

Posted Oct 04, 2012 12:45 PM

I have a load of RAP's whitelisted on the master controller and i was wondering how you export the local-userdb-ap list from the master controller so that i can import it onto the local controller?

• 2.  RE: master local controller exporting local-userdb-ap

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 04, 2012 12:55 PM

@pete_elms wrote:

I have a load of RAP's whitelisted on the master controller and i was wondering how you export the local-userdb-ap list from the master controller so that i can import it onto the local controller?

Whitelisted APs are a table in the local user database.  When you export the local user database, the whitelist is included.

Unfortunately, when you import them into a new controller, your local database users will be replaced in the import, as well..

• 3.  RE: master local controller exporting local-userdb-ap

Posted Oct 04, 2012 12:59 PM

thanks for that. I thought you had to export the local-userdb-ap, but it wouldn't let me.

regards

Pete

• 4.  RE: master local controller exporting local-userdb-ap

Posted Feb 11, 2013 10:20 AM

Colin,

If I already imported a local-userdb-ap from one controllerA , will that one be replace if I import a local-userdb from controllerB

Thanks

• 5.  RE: master local controller exporting local-userdb-ap

Posted Feb 12, 2013 08:14 AM

Importing the local-userdb from one controller into another overwrites that controllers local-userdb from what I have experienced.

• 6.  RE: master local controller exporting local-userdb-ap

Posted Feb 12, 2013 08:16 AM

Thanks for the respond, I did tested it yesterday and did noticed that