Wireless Access

last person joined: 13 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

master/local setup

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  master/local setup

Posted May 06, 2014 10:08 AM

We have 2 6000 controllers configured as master/local running 3.4.5.1.(no redundancy) but all of the licenses are on the local controller. My question when I create a DNS entry for aruba-master should the IP address be the master or local controller IP address?
    Also should the lms-ip be the local controller since that's where all the licenses are?
    Thanks

• 2.  RE: master/local setup

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 06, 2014 10:34 AM

There should be licenses on the master as well.  However, this code predates me so I might be unfamiliar.  However, for the LMS, I would use the local controller in this scenario.  The question I have is how can failover work (assuming you want to fail over to the master) if there are no licenses on it?

• 3.  RE: master/local setup

Posted May 07, 2014 10:44 AM

We run a similar setup, and indeed you do need licenses on your secondary controller. Licenses are bound to serial, so the licenses must be unique.

Typlically LMS should terminate on the local controller.

• 4.  RE: master/local setup

Posted May 09, 2014 02:19 AM

aruba-master should point to the master, APs will connect and be send to the local based on the settings.