Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

need to change the IP address / default gateway of the controller but dont have console access

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  need to change the IP address / default gateway of the controller but dont have console access

Posted Aug 02, 2017 06:38 AM

Hello Experts , i would need to change the management IP address / default gateway of the two controllers that i have in the network which are configured as master-standby .

the VLAN would remain the same in this case , but the IP addresses wud change .  so from the switch side i have asked the new subnet to be configured as secondary on the current SVI and then once the rouring part is done, i go ahead with changing the IP address/ gateway of the controllers one by one .   for the primary controller i have prepared the following script as mentioned below.

once the new IP address is applied , would i loose the access and then would have to get console access to change the rest of the things such as gateway / radius / SNMP ?

• 2.  RE: need to change the IP address / default gateway of the controller but dont have console access

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 02, 2017 06:53 AM
    If you are changing the IP address that you SSH into, it requires the console. There is no way around that.