Wireless Access

last person joined: 22 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

nexus 7 low connection speeds

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  nexus 7 low connection speeds

Posted Mar 05, 2013 08:17 AM

I have a nexus 7 running stock android OS 4.2.2. It connects to the wireless fine at 65M then after a few minutes it drops down to 19M, then 5M. SNR remains 35-37 during the entire session. If you bounce the connection, you get connected at 65M again, but then drops back down. In hotels or other public areas, I have been able to connect at a constant 65M. 

The controller is a 3600 running 6.1.3.7 with an AP105. 

Other 2.4ghz devices seem to be ok, but this nexus is really causing headaches. Any ideas for tuning the settings on the controller?

• 2.  RE: nexus 7 low connection speeds

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Mar 05, 2013 04:07 PM
    Is the power set to max on the device when you see the issue? Also what is your Airtime fairness configured as?

• 3.  RE: nexus 7 low connection speeds

Posted Mar 05, 2013 09:13 PM

power on the nexus? I don't think you can change that setting. 

default-access is the airtime setting. 

• 4.  RE: nexus 7 low connection speeds

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 05, 2013 09:18 PM

Jclingan,

Usually clients de-rate when they cannot transmit successfully after a number of times.  Do you have "drop broadcasts"  on that SSID?  That will remove alot of the additional useless traffic that causes congestion.  You also might want to check to make sure you don't have any interference..

• 5.  RE: nexus 7 low connection speeds

Posted Mar 05, 2013 09:27 PM

Oh there is interference! 2.4 is so dirty here but unfortunately don't really have any control over it. I've enabled fair-access and drop broadcast so we'll see how that works. 

• 6.  RE: nexus 7 low connection speeds

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 05, 2013 09:38 PM

Airtime fairness only allows 802.11n devices to not be slowed down by non-802.11n devices.  Drop broadcasts drops useless downstream broadcasts so that they do not cut into useful airtime of your clients.