Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

no network amp-7.6.6 64 bit

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  no network amp-7.6.6 64 bit

Posted Mar 10, 2014 05:16 AM

hi,

I would like to upgrade to airwave 7.7

I am having the 5.5 to 6.2 issue first.

trying to upgrade my airwave from sentos 5.5 to 6.2 seems to work fine, but.....

after installation, no network ?!?!?!

I didn't get a config box during installation! execpt for time configuration.

any suggestions?

Any help woud be great.

Jeroen

• 2.  RE: no network amp-7.6.6 64 bit

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 10, 2014 06:57 AM

You mean you don't see any network settings, or you see them but there's no network access? You might need to reach out to TAC as those are pretty old versions of AirWave.

• 3.  RE: no network amp-7.6.6 64 bit

Posted Mar 10, 2014 07:16 AM

I can not see any network . sinds installing vmtools, ipv6 shows in vmware summary, but ipv4 seems to be gone.

installing amp, ends up with a error:

"Make *** install error 2"

so basicly, i have a send-os 6.2 vminstalled, but amp will not install, and ipv4 is not available. Any tools to get eth0: configured?

• 4.  RE: no network amp-7.6.6 64 bit

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 10, 2014 08:02 AM

You will need to open a TAC case, this is deeper than what we can/should do over this forum as there is likely multiple issues. Doing this in a VM is different. Are you using ESX and how is the VM built (32 or 64 bit, number of cores, amount of RAM, etc)?

• 5.  RE: no network amp-7.6.6 64 bit

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 10, 2014 01:43 PM

During the re-install, were you following the install guide?

-The install is a 2 step process: the OS install and then the amp-install portion.  Did you successfully run through both portions of the install?

If so, what was the last few lines of /root/amp-install.log?

If the install steps were completed, then next is to check to make sure that the OS detected the NIC:

# ls /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts

You're looking for ifcfg-eth0

# cat /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0

If you're not seeing the network setup, make sure that the NIC card is running:

# service network restart

If the NIC is running, you can try re-running the amp install step:
    # cd /root

# ./amp-install

Last alternative would be to reinstall again and make sure the NIC is detected during the install.  (possibly reseat the NIC card)