Wireless Access

last person joined: 18 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

no ssid-enable ; ssid-enable needed after change of PSK?

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  no ssid-enable ; ssid-enable needed after change of PSK?

Posted Aug 26, 2015 03:46 AM

We have a guest wlan, on which we change the WPA2 PSK every night. I use expect to do this, but this morning the ssid stopped working after changing the password. Clients' screen (android) just flickered a bit when trying to choose the guest-ssid. Forgetting the network and re-entering the PSK didn't help either.

I found out that a 'no ssid-enable' followed by a 'ssid-enable' fixed that. Is this a documented feature, or was there something else that went wrong?

7205 controller, iap-215 *30

• 2.  RE: no ssid-enable ; ssid-enable needed after change of PSK?

Posted Aug 26, 2015 05:00 AM

HI,

It is not expected behaviour, SPK is no where related to SSID enable/Disable. you mentioned that you are using IAP 215, is it IAP deployment or Controllers based deployment ?

Please clarify and try to replicate the issue.

• 3.  RE: no ssid-enable ; ssid-enable needed after change of PSK?

Posted Aug 26, 2015 05:14 AM

The IAP's are converted to AP's. We actually have a mix of AP and IAP, but all are provisioned on the controller.

I omitted the ssid-enable from my expect-script. Let's see if it works tomorrow or not.

• 4.  RE: no ssid-enable ; ssid-enable needed after change of PSK?

Posted Aug 27, 2015 02:55 AM

Same thing happened this morning. My phone tried to connect to the guest-wlan, and I could tell that the screen flickered around the ssid in the Wi-fi listing (android).

I ran a "no ssid-enable" and "ssid-enable". This immediatly made my phone connect, without any interaction.

• 5.  RE: no ssid-enable ; ssid-enable needed after change of PSK?

Posted Aug 27, 2015 07:07 AM

HI,

It seems we need to go through the entire configuration once to understand the issue hence I recommend you to open a TAC ticket and get it diagnosed.

• 6.  RE: no ssid-enable ; ssid-enable needed after change of PSK?

Posted Aug 27, 2015 07:19 AM

I'm trying. Where can I submit a TAC-ticket on the TAC-ticket system :)

The search-result field is just blue without any text. Cannot submit.

(Went via View Case -> Enter new, ticket entered)