Wireless Access

last person joined: 15 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

question about mesh setup with ap-93

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  question about mesh setup with ap-93

Posted Feb 13, 2015 09:30 AM

dear sirs,

i want to set up 3 pices of aruba ap-93 so one will be attached to the wired internet router

and the other two will extand the range of the network

only connected to power supply

can it be astablished ?

were can i find setup assitance for this case?

best regards

ziv

• 2.  RE: question about mesh setup with ap-93

Posted Feb 13, 2015 11:43 AM

HI,

It is possible scenario. you have to provision AP1 as a Mesh portal (AP which is connected to the Wired network) and other 2, AP2 and AP3 should be provisioned as Mesh points.

Please let me know if you need any assistance on this setup.

• 3.  RE: question about mesh setup with ap-93

Posted Feb 13, 2015 01:34 PM
    Dear sir,

I need a guide to how I can configure the mesh issue
    Since I cant find any thing in the gui configuration
    Thanks most kindly !!!

Ziv Hillmann
    Sales Manager
    Phone: 972-4-8204252
    Fax: 972-4-8204272
    Mobile: 972-54-2504252
    Email: ziv@fiberoptic.co.il
    Web site: www.fiberoptic.co.il
    [logo spg]

• 4.  RE: question about mesh setup with ap-93

Posted Feb 13, 2015 02:50 PM

I am not sure if this is true, but i believe to do what you are describing you would need an AP with dual radios.

Since the AP-93 is a single Radio AP, once the Radio is configured as a Mesh point, I don't think this will support what you are looking for.

You can see more information here: http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Aruba-Instant-Cloud-Wi-Fi/IAP-93-Mesh/td-p/41116

Things may have changed since then, however i am not sure how it would work.

_ELiasz

• 5.  RE: question about mesh setup with ap-93

Posted Feb 14, 2015 12:06 AM
    You could use it to extend the wired network but not the wireless with an AP-93. To provide wireless access while using a mesh uplink you would indeed need dual radio APs. The low cost replacement for the AP-93 is the AP-103 which does have dual radios.

• 6.  RE: question about mesh setup with ap-93

Posted Feb 15, 2015 03:58 AM

Hi friend,

It is possible to deploy Mesh with single radio APs (AP 92/93), they will work on time sharing basis.

For your ref :

MeshDS.JPG

Here is how to provision Mesh portal and point.

Mesh APs need Mesh cluster and Mesh Radio profiles addition to other profiles(VAP,SSID and AAA)

Step 1 : Configure Mesh Cluster profile, specify MSSID and priority of the cluster

Mesh1.JPG

Mesh2.JPG

Step 2 : Configure Mesh Radio profile ( Default profile is enough)

Step 3 : Map these profiles to the AP-group which you want to provision

Step 4 : While provisioning the AP, select the Mesh role ( Portal/Point) as shown bellow.

Mesh3.JPG

You can refer Aruba User guide for complete feature configuration.

http://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/ArubaOS_63_Web_Help/Web_Help_Index.htm#ArubaFrameStyles/Mesh/Mesh.htm

Please feel free for any further help on this.

• 7.  RE: question about mesh setup with ap-93

Posted Feb 15, 2015 06:59 AM

dhanraj_puduchery@yahoo.com wrote:

You can refer Aruba User guide for complete feature configuration.

http://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/ArubaOS_63_Web_Help/Web_Help_Index.htm#ArubaFrameStyles/Mesh/Mesh.htm

Please feel free for any further help on this.

that document states: If you configure a single-radio AP to deliver mesh services only (by disabling the mesh radio in its 802.11a or 802.11g radio profile) that mesh node can not deliver WLAN services to its clients. 

which tells me that you can get mesh, but only to provide then wired access to clients, not wireless.

your remark about time sharing for single radio to provide WLAN access i can't find anywhere, do you have a source for that?

• 8.  RE: question about mesh setup with ap-93

Posted Feb 15, 2015 08:32 AM

Hi,

A mesh node can share the radio bandwidth among backhaul and Client services. therefore we can deploy single radio as Mesh node.

If we configure a single radio AP as a Mesh node and you are expecting that AP to serve the clients also it's preformance (Throughput) will be poor coz it has to use the same radio for backhaul and client service.

It is recomanded to use the a radio (5Ghz) for backhaul but not compulsory , we can configure g radio for backhaul also.

Hope you got some clarity on this.

• 9.  RE: question about mesh setup with ap-93

Posted Feb 15, 2015 10:32 AM

dhanraj puduchery please provide a source for your statement. because from what i read in that document it isn't possible for single radio APs to both do backhaul and server WLAN clients.

"A mesh node can share the radio bandwidth among backhaul and Client services." is from the same document in the section about dual radio, but that is about the situation with a 2.4ghz and 5ghz radio. not with one radio.

• 10.  RE: question about mesh setup with ap-93

Posted Feb 14, 2015 04:08 PM
    Thank you !!!!
    Best regards

Ziv Hillmann
    Sales Manager
    [logo spg]

• 11.  RE: question about mesh setup with ap-93

Posted Feb 15, 2015 06:36 AM

you can not do mesh with AP 93 ,  because AP 93 are BiBande but not duel Radio, and the mesh link is stablished in 5 GHz.

• 12.  RE: question about mesh setup with ap-93

Posted Feb 15, 2015 12:43 PM
    Thanks!!!!!

Ziv Hillmann
    Sales Manager
    [logo spg]