Wireless Access

last person joined: 22 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

"All Profiles" documentation?

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  "All Profiles" documentation?

Posted May 24, 2019 02:20 PM

I have an Aruba Mobility Controller 7210, running ArubaOS 6.5.3.4.

I've been using this system for a while (about 2.5 years, between admin-ing all the other network gear in my environment), but there are so many pieces to everything that I can't really get my head around the big picture.

I was wondering if there are any diagrams that show the parent/child relationships between all of the profiles (listed under Configuration > Advanced Services > All Profiles) ?

I’m trying to wrap my head around how all of the profiles work together, and I would think that having some sort of visual would go a long way to learning how everything fits together.

Thank you!!

• 2.  RE: "All Profiles" documentation?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 24, 2019 03:34 PM

show  profile-hierarchy

• 3.  RE: "All Profiles" documentation?

Posted May 25, 2019 12:29 PM

https://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Wireless-Access/Profile-Nesting-documentation/m-p/258362#M57516

That post has a screen shot from one of the Aruba Presentations for linkages, and it also has references to a fantastic tool called "VisualCfg" that will build a map of your entire config. It helped greatly after I cleaned up several years worth of configs/test configs to show the current state/linkages of our config.

• 4.  RE: "All Profiles" documentation?

Posted May 26, 2019 07:39 PM

Two years ago I wrote an OS 6 book. As part of it, I made 15 of the PDFs from the book available for free, as I thought they should be given away. If you go to www.westcott-consulting.com you can download them. You will be signing up for my mailing list (which I rarely use) but you can remove yourself from the list. You will receive an email (it may go to junk) that will download the files. In there I created some VAP profile flows that might help. It does not have all of the profiles.

I hope this helps,