Wireless Access

last person joined: 19 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

"Cannot start database synchronization" error message when trying to sync database

This thread has been viewed 7 times
  • 1.  "Cannot start database synchronization" error message when trying to sync database

Posted Jan 17, 2012 12:44 PM

I have a local controller that has an AP from another controller as being down.  The AP is Up on the correct controller and I want to remove it from the AP Database of the wrong controller.

When I try to remove it from the local controller of course I get the message stating that it must be done from the master.  When I look at the AP Database on the master, this AP on the wrong controller does not show up.  So in order to solve the issue I wanted to sync the database.

When I tried the command "database synchronize" on the master or local, I get the following error message:

"Cannot starte database synchronization: peer is not cofigured"

Has anyone seen this issue, if so, how do I solve this?  Thanks.

• 2.  RE: "Cannot start database synchronization" error message when trying to sync database

Posted Jan 18, 2012 07:20 AM

Database sync is for master-master I believe. When you hit the save configuration button or do write mem to config is synced to the local controllers.

Try this to clear the AP database of APs that are down:

#clear gap-db lms <local controller ip>

• 3.  RE: "Cannot start database synchronization" error message when trying to sync database

Posted Jan 22, 2012 03:05 AM

Will this command only remove the "Down' APs from the controller or all of them?

• 4.  RE: "Cannot start database synchronization" error message when trying to sync database

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 22, 2012 07:21 AM

It will remove all APs, BUT, APs that are up will come right back.  It is a method of removing permanently DOWN APs.

• 5.  RE: "Cannot start database synchronization" error message when trying to sync database

Posted Jan 27, 2012 01:14 AM

Will the APs reboot or will they get removed and re-added to the ap database?  Will any users be affected by the APs being removed from the database with this command?

• 6.  RE: "Cannot start database synchronization" error message when trying to sync database

Posted Jan 27, 2012 05:14 AM

It will not rebooot, change the config or do anything to the APs therfore there is no impact to wireless clients. It just clears the AP database.