Wireless Access

New Contributor

"WiFi Access Point Testing in a High Density Environment" - Aruba didn´t win?

So an unknown indian company tested a couple of access points (https://alethea.in/wifi-access-point-testing-alethea-wifi-experience-test-lab/):

Aruba AP325
Cisco 3802i
Meraki MR52
Mist AP41
Ruckus R720
Ubiquiti UAP-AC-SHD

The tests were paid by Ubiquiti and of course Ubiquiti won. How did they influence the result at all? I don´t believe that the Cisco or the Ruckus have less performance than the Ubiquiti device. Also the Aruba AP325 wasn´t the best choice in those days.

I ask myself how the results of current 802.11ax  access points (e.g. AP-535) would be if those 100 concurrent clients connect to them. Are there any benchmark results available?

Guru Elite

Re: "WiFi Access Point Testing in a High Density Environment" - Aruba didn´t win?

From my experience if you have a test where all the vendors do not participate in the testing it leaves no room for optimization.  Big companies who make these decisions involve the vendors so that they can get full answers to questions.  You can interpret those results through any lens that you see fit, providing that you understand the company that won the competition paid fot it.

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.4 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Central Documentation
Aruba Technical Webinars
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: