Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

rap slow

This thread has been viewed 4 times
  • 1.  rap slow

Posted Jul 06, 2014 02:20 PM
    I have configured aruba rap setup, The slow performance of remote sites  is compared to the SAP performance on Local network site. If u have any I sea pls reply me
    #ALE

• 2.  RE: rap slow

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 06, 2014 03:03 PM

Are you using both wired and wireless at these sites?

What AP are you using at those sites?

If your answer to the first question is yes, make sure that "Drop Broadcast and Multicast" is enabled on the Virtual AP for the Wireless Virtual APs being broadcast at those sites.

If you are using wired, make sure that the VLAN for the wired sent to the store has "Broadcast and Multicast Optimization" enabled:  For example if VLAN 6 is being extended to those sites wired to those raps, do this:

config t
    interface vlan 6
    bcmc-optimization

See if those parameters make a difference.

• 3.  RE: rap slow

Posted Jul 06, 2014 04:32 PM

Hello

when you say its slow  what do you mean?

The performace of a RAP in a remote site depends on many things...

Do you have it on tunnel mode? bridge mode?

How much is your upload BW on the remote site? it is 1Mb? because if its like it then thats what you will get just 1 mb... to the central site if it need to do something in there.(if you got it in tunnel mode)

What RAP do you have? the IPSEC trhoughput its different from every model of AP on rap mode... in some you will get more BW than others.

What kind of application you are using on the remote site? it is a client server app? how much BW do you need on if to make it work properly? do you know?

There are many things that you need to take in mind when you are deploying RAPS, or any site to site VPNs.

Cheers

Carlos