Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

real throughput of aruba 7xxx controllers

This thread has been viewed 5 times
  • 1.  real throughput of aruba 7xxx controllers

Posted Jan 09, 2018 09:04 AM

Hi,

I´m running an aruba 7005 with 5 AP315 for 70 devices now - but the company wants to switch to "all WiFi" now (250+ devices) and this brings my to think about the following questions:

Is the 7005 capable of handling that? Here I read about 2Gbps firewall throughput only (and for correcting DSCP headers {for Skype for Business esp.}  I think I need that firewall functionality) 

Isn´t the whole traffic from all APs going through that tiny little device and if so:

How is it to be done to give any of the 250+ users who have now a dedicated 1Gbps uplink to a zl5400 for each own the same performance sharing only 4 1Gbps-ports on a 7005?

What would be the right solution for this scenario?

Thanks - F.One

• 2.  RE: real throughput of aruba 7xxx controllers
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 09, 2018 06:50 PM

Firstly, it would not be likely that your wired users are using MORE than 2Gbps continuous on the network. If you DO need more, you just need to move to a larger controller with more capacity. That said, we rarely see large college dorms at night exceeding this sustained throughput.

• 3.  RE: real throughput of aruba 7xxx controllers

Posted Jan 10, 2018 06:46 AM

Thank you for your reply.

But unfortunately: they do. Not continously but in peaks.

So I think we will have to switch to better hardware and MC-VA-50 with KVM.

I will ask a few questions for VA (hardware recommendations and licensing) in a new thread.

Thanks - F.One