Wireless Access

Guru Elite

Re: stuck in upgrading state

If the controllers do not have a master/local relationship or configured as a master/backup master they cannot share centralized licensing.  It takes more than a controller sharing a VRRP with another for centralized licensing to work.  If those controllers have master/local relationship or a master/backup master relationship, centralized licensing works automatically when turned on at the master.  If the controllers do NOT have that relationship, you must configure that relationship manually.  Please see the chapter here:  http://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/ArubaOS_64_Web_Help/Web_Help_Index.htm#ArubaFrameStyles/New_Licenses/Multi__Network.htm

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.4 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Central Documentation
Aruba Technical Webinars
Contributor I

So, i should disable centralized licensing and manually  configure the license servers.

but whether this will resolve my issue..? 

Guru Elite

You have a single issue:

Access points are not pointing to a controller with licenses.  You need to take the second controller with no licenses out of the picture until you resolve that issue.  Once that is resolved you can introduce the second controller into the picture.

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.4 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Central Documentation
Aruba Technical Webinars
Contributor I

Ok. Thanks. I will disable the second controller as well as centralized licensing option for now and check. Then get back here. Thanks a lot for your help.

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: