Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

system doesn't exist when licensing AP

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  system doesn't exist when licensing AP

Posted Jan 28, 2015 07:46 AM

Hi,

We have purchased 1 controller 7xxx and a few AP 205. today when I tried to licensing the controller and APs, found that there is no certificate-ID with the controller , and also when tried to activate the AP certificate , the licsensing system displayed " system doesn't exist" .   the controller is pre-installed license?  Why the licensing system still display " system does not exist" after I key-in the certificate-ID and serial no. of the AP.. the numbers I keyed in are confirmed correct.  Please advise . Thanks a lot in advance. 

• 2.  RE: system doesn't exist when licensing AP

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 28, 2015 07:51 AM

Either:

1.  The controller serial number does not exist in the database - Contact TAC

or

2.  You put in the serial number wrong - Contact TAC

• 3.  RE: system doesn't exist when licensing AP

Posted Jan 28, 2015 08:11 AM

thanks for your reply.  All new controllers  should be shipped with the certificate-ID ,right? 

• 4.  RE: system doesn't exist when licensing AP

Posted Jan 28, 2015 08:14 AM
    BTW: certificate-ID (Is pre-key) need to be activated on the Aruba license site.

• 5.  RE: system doesn't exist when licensing AP

Posted Jan 28, 2015 08:23 AM

Thanks for reply.  I will check with the distributor about the certificate-ID of new controller

• 6.  RE: system doesn't exist when licensing AP

Posted Jan 28, 2015 08:13 AM

Be Sure to take down the right S/N of your controller (From the licenese tab)

1.jpg

if you enter a wrong S/N , you may change the S/N in the Aruba licenese site. (RMA process)

*If you still got issues - please contact TAC*