Wireless Access

last person joined: 20 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

take remote access on computer behind virtual controler manager

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  take remote access on computer behind virtual controler manager

Posted Jan 27, 2015 09:28 PM

Hi,

I use a aruba system for my wireless access, i installed virtual controller manager to use DHCP of aruba to allow IP address on the customer computers.

Now my customer computers have a virtual IP adress 172.XX.XX.XX but if i want to take remote access on customer computer, I can't. virtual IP address is not reachable from for example VNC tools.

Do you have an idea, how can I take the remote control behind virtual controller management.

Than you in advance.

Best regards,

Chabin972

• 2.  RE: take remote access on computer behind virtual controler manager

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 28, 2015 03:33 AM

Is your network aware that a 172.x.x.x address exists there?  You need a route to 172.x.x.x for it to work.

• 3.  RE: take remote access on computer behind virtual controler manager

Posted Jan 28, 2015 08:29 PM

Hello, 

thanks for you reply, I thougt with the virtual controller, I didn't think I have to make a route. I will test that and will make you a feedback.

• 4.  RE: take remote access on computer behind virtual controler manager

Posted Jan 28, 2015 05:10 AM

Hi Friend,

Please clarify the following,

1. Are you using IAP or Campus APs with Controllers ?

2. Did you configure the gateway for your controller ?

3. Are you able to reach the required subnet ( 172.X.X.X) from the wired clients or devices ?

IP Reachbility mainly depends on 3 factors, 

1. ARP table

2. Route to reach the required subnet

3. Gateway configuration

Please clarify the above and feel free for any further query on this.

• 5.  RE: take remote access on computer behind virtual controler manager

Posted Jan 28, 2015 08:59 PM
      |   view attached

Hi Puduchery Venu,

thanks for your reply, to answer your questions:

1. Are you using IAP or Campus APs with Controllers ?

I use Campus AP

2. Did you configure the gateway for your controller ?

No, i just given to my controller an IP address, and I let the defaut configuration

3. Are you able to reach the required subnet ( 172.X.X.X) from the wired clients or devices ?

No i can reach the required subnet (virtual), the virtual controller use a NAT for the devices on virtual network 172.x.x.x  to my campus network.

• 6.  RE: take remote access on computer behind virtual controler manager

Posted Jan 29, 2015 04:54 AM

Hi Friend,

As per the snapshot attached, you are using IAP ( not the Controller based campus AP). now the work around for this issue is,

1. configure the default GW for the IAP. select advanced options in System menu as shown bellow.

2. take SSH and ping the required subnet. if it is successful, your clients also ping successfully.

IAP1.JPG

Once you finish the above let me know the result and feel free for any further query on this.

• 7.  RE: take remote access on computer behind virtual controler manager

Posted Apr 01, 2015 10:07 PM

dhanraj_puduchery@yahoo.com wrote:

Hi Friend,

As per the snapshot attached, you are using IAP ( not the Controller based campus AP). now the work around for this issue is,

1. configure the default GW for the IAP. select advanced options in System menu as shown bellow.

2. take SSH and ping the required subnet. if it is successful, your clients also ping successfully.

IAP1.JPG

Once you finish the above let me know the result and feel free for any further query on this.

Hi 

Just for infirmation,yesterday, I installed 19 aruba IAP (92-93-102 and 103) but the controller can manage only 16 IAP. 

Thank in advance.

Chabin972

dhanraj_puduchery@yahoo.com wrote:

Hi Friend,

IAP1.JPG

Hi 

Just for infirmation,yesterday, I installed 19 aruba IAP (92-93-102 and 103) but the controller can manage only 16 IAP. 

Thank in advance.

Chabin972