Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

trouble connecting acer iconia 10 tablet to aruba

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  trouble connecting acer iconia 10 tablet to aruba

Posted Apr 03, 2015 02:09 PM

We have some Acer Iconia 10 Tablets running Android 4.4 and they have issues with Authenticating through clearpass on both our SSID with PSK and our Authentication rules for wireless devices, i wondered if anyone else has run into the same issue and if there is a fix? we did a factory eset and even updated the firmware on the Android Tablet with no luck, we can connect to the Guest Broadcast without a problem.

When connected to our Test enviornment Cisco Linksys router it jumps between WEP and WPA/WPA2 

I would like to get any insight into this problem if it has been encoutered anywhere else and if there is a solution?

• 2.  RE: trouble connecting acer iconia 10 tablet to aruba

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 04, 2015 09:48 AM

Unless someone responds with something specific about the Iconia 10 Tablet, we need much more information:

- What version of ArubaOS?

- What access point?

- What type of encryption is being used?

- Did you enable client debugging to see where it fails?

• 3.  RE: trouble connecting acer iconia 10 tablet to aruba

Posted Apr 06, 2015 01:03 PM

- What version of ArubaOS? Aruba 7210 Ver.6.3.1.14

- What type of encryption is being used? tried 802.1x and PSK- Works on Guest open SSID 

- What access point? AP-225

- Did you enable client debugging to see where it fails? We did not try any debugging, We have since send back the Tablets to get a different manufacturer.

My question is if we have vendors or guest come in and we have issues witht those devices, what can we do?