Wireless Access

last person joined: 14 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

two SonicWalls VPN site to site APs are not seeing the Aruba controller what am i missing

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  two SonicWalls VPN site to site APs are not seeing the Aruba controller what am i missing

Posted May 27, 2014 12:26 PM

I Have two SonicWalls a 4600 and a 3600 with a VPN connection the aruba control sits behind the 4600. I would think that the aruba controler would see the two APs at the secound site threw the VPN. Do I need to set something up on the controler for it to see the APs?

• 2.  RE: two SonicWalls VPN site to site APs are not seeing the Aruba controller what am i missing

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 27, 2014 12:52 PM

What discovery method is the AP using to find the controller?  You should start with that...

• 3.  RE: two SonicWalls VPN site to site APs are not seeing the Aruba controller what am i missing

Posted May 27, 2014 01:07 PM

my APs are 105 the controler is a 3400. It should be the controler looking for the APs. trying to find were the discovery mehtod is on the dashboard

• 4.  RE: two SonicWalls VPN site to site APs are not seeing the Aruba controller what am i missing

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 27, 2014 01:10 PM

Your existing access points, are they on the same VLAN as the controller?  In that case, they can easily find the controller through broadcasts.  If an access point is on the other side of a VPN tunnel they are not on the same VLAN as the controller and you would need to have an "aruba-master.<your domain>" a-record in DNS so that they find the controller.  Please see the video here:  http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Unified-Wired-Wireless-Access/Why-Doesn-t-My-Aruba-Access-Point-Find-My-Controller-Part-1-7-05/m-p/18906/highlight/true#M11041

• 5.  RE: two SonicWalls VPN site to site APs are not seeing the Aruba controller what am i missing

Posted May 27, 2014 01:31 PM

no two difrent Vlans the controler is 192.168.0.1 the second site is on 192.168.100.1. the sonic wall acts as the DHCP at the second site. At the main site the server acts as the the DHCP. 

I read the post not sure were to look on the dashboard to find the settings. Is it under Configurations/ network/ controler

• 6.  RE: two SonicWalls VPN site to site APs are not seeing the Aruba controller what am i missing

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 27, 2014 01:57 PM
    School_IT,

It is not in the controller. Your DNS server needs to have an A-record of "Aruba I master" pointing to your Aruba controller. The access point boots up and puts aruba-master in front of whatever domain your dhcp server supplies and attempts to resolve it as the IP address of the controller..

• 7.  RE: two SonicWalls VPN site to site APs are not seeing the Aruba controller what am i missing

Posted May 27, 2014 02:02 PM

yes i have a file called aruba_master on the DNS

• 8.  RE: two SonicWalls VPN site to site APs are not seeing the Aruba controller what am i missing
    Best Answer

Posted May 27, 2014 02:06 PM

now I see it the sonicWall needs to point to the DNS server that points to the aruba controler threw the VPN