Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

two wired VOIP phones on RAP-3WNP

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  two wired VOIP phones on RAP-3WNP

Posted May 26, 2020 01:00 PM

ArubaOS 8.6.0.4 (cluster)

Hello,

We have a RAP-3WNP in use at a member of staff's house. Both its available wired ports are configured to tunnel back to the controller on one of our VOIP VLANs, the ports are configured as trunks with the VOIP VLAN tagged, each phone has also been manually configured with the VOIP VLAN.

This appeared to work - the phones can register (so can talk to Call Manager), and the member of staff can call them from other phones (eg his mobile) successfully. However he can't call from one of the two phones to the other (the phone rings but there is no audio when he picks up). I believe once you pick-up the phones communicate directly with each other P2P, so it seems like this must be some sort of traffic blocking problem possibly in the AP (they are on the same VLAN).

How can I tell if an ACL is being applied here? I can't see anything in the wired-port or wired-ap profiles. There is an AAA profile but I can't see any info about what role the phones might have because they aren't in the user table. Can anyone give any advice about troubleshooting wired clients on RAPs like this?

Thanks,

Guy

• 2.  RE: two wired VOIP phones on RAP-3WNP

Posted May 26, 2020 01:19 PM
    One thing you can do so you can see all the devices in the user-table , if make the ports untrusted but define as VOIP-ROLE or authenticated role as the initial role so you can see those devices in the user-table

Sent from Mail for Windows 10