Wireless Access

last person joined: 20 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

upgrade to 8.2.3 failed

This thread has been viewed 12 times
  • 1.  upgrade to 8.2.3 failed

Posted Dec 27, 2016 05:30 AM

has anyone upgraded to 8.2.3? 

our upgrade failed (from version 8.2.2.1) - we have done this multiple times in the past almost everytime without any problem.. 

(tried both ways download the tar file and put it in the root folder and also let airwave download) 

diskspace is sufficient (was a problem on a previous upgrade so we remove all unnecessary old images befor upgrading) 

STEP 1: Moving old version aside.

STEP 2: Unpacking upgrade package.
    Error: Unpacking upgrade package failed.
    Restoring previous version...
    Use of uninitialized value $new_repo in concatenation (.) or string at /root/AMP-8.2.3-amp_upgrade line 738, <STDIN> line 1.
    Use of uninitialized value $new_repo in concatenation (.) or string at /root/AMP-8.2.3-amp_upgrade line 739, <STDIN> line 1.
    Use of uninitialized value $new_repo in concatenation (.) or string at /root/AMP-8.2.3-amp_upgrade line 740, <STDIN> line 1.
    Use of uninitialized value $new_repo in concatenation (.) or string at /root/AMP-8.2.3-amp_upgrade line 740, <STDIN> line 1.
    /bin/mv: cannot move `/root/' to a subdirectory of itself, `/root/_new'
    Use of uninitialized value $new_repo in concatenation (.) or string at /root/AMP-8.2.3-amp_upgrade line 748, <STDIN> line 1.
    Previous version restored.
    git/mercury/scripts/nightly_backup
    git/mercury/Makefile.dev
    git/mercury/version.txt
    svn/mercury/
    /bin/tar: svn/mercury: Cannot mkdir: No such file or directory
    svn/mercury/scripts/
    /bin/tar: svn/mercury/scripts: Cannot mkdir: No such file or directory
    svn/mercury/scripts/amp_upgrade
    /bin/tar: svn/mercury/scripts/amp_upgrade: Cannot open: No such file or directory
    /bin/tar: Exiting with failure status due to previous errors

• 2.  RE: upgrade to 8.2.3 failed

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 27, 2016 08:37 AM
    Did you check the MD5 of that file after you downloaded it?

• 3.  RE: upgrade to 8.2.3 failed

Posted Dec 27, 2016 10:15 AM

hi colin 

yes we did check md5 it matches

best

marko 

• 4.  RE: upgrade to 8.2.3 failed

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 27, 2016 11:19 AM
    If you have not already, please open a TAC case to get that resolved. It could be a specific issue with your setup or configuration...

• 5.  RE: upgrade to 8.2.3 failed

Posted Feb 10, 2017 11:24 AM

Are you doing this from a 172 network by any chance? If so Aruba created a new interface on Airwave 8.2.3. Theres a new interface called “docker0” and has a subnet/route mapped to it. The route tied to it is 172.17.0.0 send out docker0 interface. 

If this is your case down the interface. “ifconfig docker0 down”.

• 6.  RE: upgrade to 8.2.3 failed

Posted Feb 14, 2017 03:20 AM

We encounter the same issue upgrading our AMP to 8.2.3 from 8.2.2.1.

• Checked the /root directory and found that we have both SVN and GIT folder present and Airwave was trying to use SVN folder instead of GIT
    • Moved the SVN folder to /tmp directory
    • Went to the path /root/git/mercury and ran make to recompile the script

Please Create a case and escalate to level 3.

Steps above Credit to Vishnu Suresh Mannil of Aruba ecalation team 

• 7.  RE: upgrade to 8.2.3 failed

Posted Apr 08, 2020 06:32 AM

@shipdadip - do you know if this is the case on the mobility master / and aruba mobility controllers?

Reason I ask is I have been getting an error in upgrade whilst trying to upgrade from a 172. network on all controllers in our environment.  After reading your advice I thought i'd give it a try over VPN (192 subnet) and what do you know? Upgraded without any issues.  

Not sure if it is the same issue but all I can say is thank you for your advice!

• 8.  RE: upgrade to 8.2.3 failed

Posted Apr 08, 2020 10:34 AM

Sorry I don't know for sure but it sure sounds like it. Can't check anymore either since we don't have the option to down the interface via the CLI Maybe an Aruba engineer can reply with the answer.