Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

user authentication via OU

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  user authentication via OU

Posted Aug 07, 2017 11:09 PM
    hi to all.

i'm currently testing user access,however users under different OU cant authenticate. i already configured Radius server and Server group . is there any server rule or any attribute i have to add? below are the details

aruba 7205 controller
    lic-ap
    win2012 AD
    NPS

any suggestions will be greatly appreciated

• 2.  RE: user authentication via OU

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 07, 2017 11:25 PM

How is your NPS server configured?

• 3.  RE: user authentication via OU

Posted Aug 08, 2017 05:53 AM

Hi Tim,

thank you for your response. we are doing some trial and error under Server Group. I once added may RADIUS server without any match-rule. I also tried to use FILTER-ID as attrubute,EQUALS, and name of my OU as operand,STRING,SETVLAN,500 but still no luck.

the objective is RADIUS authentication with multiple OUs within a single VLAN.

am I missing something on NPS?

please see attached images

thank you

• 4.  RE: user authentication via OU

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 08, 2017 06:23 AM

Within your settings for that policy you'll need to add the attribute to be returned.

Snip20170808_1.png

After that, you'll need an additional Network Policy to catch any user not in those particular groups, provided you still want to give them access, beit in a different vlan.

• 5.  RE: user authentication via OU

Posted Aug 09, 2017 10:44 AM

Hi Michael,

I'm thinking that I need to add the OU to conditions, however it seems OU is not an available policy condition aside from User Groups. any alternative for this?

thank you

• 6.  RE: user authentication via OU
    Best Answer