Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

very poor wireless performance since upgrade from 6.1.3.10 to 6.3.1.7

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  very poor wireless performance since upgrade from 6.1.3.10 to 6.3.1.7

Posted Jun 03, 2014 10:27 AM

Hi all, done the above on our two A3400 controllers, we use 99% of APs for local bridging at schools.

I done my regular visit to a school today, they use old AP61s on g band. It was so slow I could not even get to the GUI on the controller. I rebooted all the APs and that improved but then it slows again. I have tried putting them onto A band and trying my laptop, only very slightly better. I get around 9mb on my LAN speed testing untility.

I have tried dropping multicast packets and also turning on DMO but no effect. Windows 7 notebooks just sit on the welcome screen for hours. The connect speed is fine, I struggle to even browse the network.

Any ideas?

• 2.  RE: very poor wireless performance since upgrade from 6.1.3.10 to 6.3.1.7

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 03, 2014 11:20 AM

If your ssids are in bridge mode, make sure that 'broadcaster filter arp' is not enabled.

It may have been enabled by default when you upgraded.

• 3.  RE: very poor wireless performance since upgrade from 6.1.3.10 to 6.3.1.7

Posted Jun 03, 2014 02:16 PM

Hi. Where can I find this?

• 4.  RE: very poor wireless performance since upgrade from 6.1.3.10 to 6.3.1.7

Posted Jun 03, 2014 02:24 PM

can you find your VAP? it is there.

get there via AP installation, choose AP group and open wireless lan and then virtual ap

• 5.  RE: very poor wireless performance since upgrade from 6.1.3.10 to 6.3.1.7

Posted Jun 03, 2014 02:30 PM

I checked on my home a200 and both boxes are unchecked by default. Can you explain how this would slow the network down and why one is ticked by default now?

• 6.  RE: very poor wireless performance since upgrade from 6.1.3.10 to 6.3.1.7

Posted Jun 03, 2014 02:31 PM

Convert Broadcast ARP requests to unicast is ticked. Should this be cleared?

• 7.  RE: very poor wireless performance since upgrade from 6.1.3.10 to 6.3.1.7

Posted Jun 03, 2014 02:44 PM
    that is what Michael_Clarke is saying yes. can imagine that for a bridged vap this causes issues, if you got the chance, give it a go. you can also revert back to the previous version check what the settings are there and go back and make them identical.

• 8.  RE: very poor wireless performance since upgrade from 6.1.3.10 to 6.3.1.7

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 03, 2014 02:49 PM

If your vaps are bridged, then yes, it should be unticked.  If that is the case, then its not slow network you're experiencing but more like no network.

I got caught out with this once before after an upgrade.

• 9.  RE: very poor wireless performance since upgrade from 6.1.3.10 to 6.3.1.7

Posted Jun 03, 2014 02:58 PM

I un checked it but its still pitiful. Should I be unticking for all the VAPs before I ree an improvment? We have a VAP for each site, so about 40.

• 10.  RE: very poor wireless performance since upgrade from 6.1.3.10 to 6.3.1.7

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 03, 2014 03:14 PM

Yes, all vaps that are in bridge mode.

• 11.  RE: very poor wireless performance since upgrade from 6.1.3.10 to 6.3.1.7

Posted Jun 05, 2014 04:28 AM

I have made the change at one of the sites to see if the customer sees an improvment however none of the other sites have logged any issues yet!

• 12.  RE: very poor wireless performance since upgrade from 6.1.3.10 to 6.3.1.7

Posted Jun 11, 2014 08:20 AM

Hi guys, its made no differance but we are not having the issue at any other sites. Changing the tick boxes relating to DMO and MC and UC makes no odds anyway.

Just trying to get my head round this casting thing. We have mostly VAPs containing remote AP, two VAPs for tunneling. The system runs over a private WAN with AD servers in each school with DHCP, some ipads and android.

Of the three ticky boxes, which should be ticked? At the moment they are all clear which I think is default pre upgrade. But I feel we should be dropping BC and MC. Right? :smileyfrustrated: