Wireless Access

last person joined: 22 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

video link explains creating layer 2 and layer 3 gre tunnel between controllers .

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  video link explains creating layer 2 and layer 3 gre tunnel between controllers .

Posted Aug 16, 2016 05:30 AM

i have done the gre tunneling  to controllers in same subnet and are connected to single switch and i have assigned a same vlan on both side after this network went down.

Regards,

Mallikarjun

• 2.  RE: video link explains creating layer 2 and layer 3 gre tunnel between controllers .

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 16, 2016 07:51 AM

Are you asking for configuration tips?

• 3.  RE: video link explains creating layer 2 and layer 3 gre tunnel between controllers .

Posted Aug 16, 2016 08:23 AM

Yes i am looking for configuraton  tips with detailed explanation.

Regards, 

Mallikarjun

• 4.  RE: video link explains creating layer 2 and layer 3 gre tunnel between controllers .

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 16, 2016 08:29 AM

There are a few articles on how to create GRE tunnels:  http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/message?include_tkbs=true&location=category%3ASupport-Documentation-Downloads&q=gre+tunnel

The question is, what do you want to use the GRE tunnel for?

• 5.  RE: video link explains creating layer 2 and layer 3 gre tunnel between controllers .

Posted Aug 16, 2016 11:56 PM
    I am doing lab on this and there is no vrrp is configured and both controllers are in same subnet and connected to a same switch to the same vlan..
    Regards,
    Mallikarjun

• 6.  RE: video link explains creating layer 2 and layer 3 gre tunnel between controllers .

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 17, 2016 04:24 AM

Then why do you need a tunnel?

• 7.  RE: video link explains creating layer 2 and layer 3 gre tunnel between controllers .

Posted Aug 17, 2016 04:56 AM

K.Then controllers in different subnet and connected to

different switch only we can configure GRE tunnel right ?

Regards,

Mallikarjun