Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

what does "Auth GSM : DEV_ID_CACHE validate cb for mac 5c:51:4f:ed:a7:b0 result 0" tell me

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  what does "Auth GSM : DEV_ID_CACHE validate cb for mac 5c:51:4f:ed:a7:b0 result 0" tell me

Posted Apr 24, 2015 10:04 AM

I have a customer who was connected to the network and went to a meeting when he came back to his desk he saw no wireless networks available.   this is the only message I saw in the logs and was wondering what it means.

• 2.  RE: what does "Auth GSM : DEV_ID_CACHE validate cb for mac 5c:51:4f:ed:a7:b0 result 0" tell me

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 26, 2015 10:34 PM

hi texasabels.

It's an age out message for the device id cache. if this is the only message you saw, I suspect you got to the controller too late, and this is just part of a deferred cleanup after the user is (long) gone.

If you have a need for longer term monitoring, please consider using syslog.

having said that, is the customer using an Intel 7260ac (I see that it's an Intel OUI) ? If so, please check out the Intel 7260ac thread on the forum, that kind of symptom is seen in some cases.

regards

-jeff