Wireless Access

last person joined: 11 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

what is the best way to deisgn for Voice over wireless in a place like hosptial,Hotles and so ON?

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  what is the best way to deisgn for Voice over wireless in a place like hosptial,Hotles and so ON?

Posted Oct 23, 2014 06:15 AM

what is the best way to deisgn for Voice over wireless in a place like hosptial,Hotles and so ON?

Do I need to add in each room even if they are close to each other or corrdors is enough and rooms will get coverage from the AP in the corrdor and if I have a long corrodor what is the best distance between 2 APs so they didn't do power minus by ARM.

• 2.  RE: what is the best way to deisgn for Voice over wireless in a place like hosptial,Hotles and so ON?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 23, 2014 07:38 AM
    -65 or greater in the 5 GHz band. There is no definitive answer for AP placement as it varies by building. The only reliable answer is
    To do a site survey.

• 3.  RE: what is the best way to deisgn for Voice over wireless in a place like hosptial,Hotles and so ON?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 24, 2014 06:07 AM

@wireless Guy wrote:

Do I need to add in each room even if they are close to each other or corrdors is enough and rooms will get coverage from the AP in the corrdor and if I have a long corrodor what is the best distance between 2 APs so they didn't do power minus by ARM.

Wireless Guy,

For a business like a hospital where voice is mission critical, you should get someone experienced in doing voice deployments and learn from them, because mistakes could be very, very costly.

A site survey is absolutely necessary.  In general, room-mounted access points produce better results, because it gets RF into rooms and adjacent rooms better.  You should do a passive survey with access points on your minimum power (typically 12)  in every other room and survey with a laptop AND the voice device that will be used to determine signal strength.  You also should to do an active survey with the voice client to determine how it would handle roaming in your test scenario.  These steps should be done at minimum, but should also be combined with manufacturer recommendations of the voice device pertaining to coverage and minimum signal.