Wireless Access

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor I

what is the purpose of session-tunnel-fib

In options for firewall on controllers there is an option:

session-tunnel-fib

as the description for this option in CLI Reference isn't much helpfull:

"Enable session tunnel-based forwarding.

NOTE: Best practices is to enable this parameter only during maintenance window or off-peak production hours. On the M3, this parameter only enables tunnel-based forwarding, as session-based forwarding does not apply to this platform."

and there is no mentions in User Guide I would like to ask what is the purpose of this session-tunnel-fib option?

Does it relate to tunnels established with APs in tunneled based mode or it does soemething with GRE tunnels or maybe it has influence for tunnels between controllers and MM?

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Guru Elite

Re: what is the purpose of session-tunnel-fib

The M3 is a very old controller supervisor card.  The knob was to influence how that platform functioned back in the day and might not even be valid today.  It was only used by engineering and I would honestly forget about it.

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.5 User Guide
InstantOS 8.5 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Central Documentation
ArubaOS Consolidated Release Notes
Aruba VIA ASE Solution - Configure VIA VPN

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Guru Elite

It is an engineering tool only and quite frankly, I am surprised that it is not hidden.

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.5 User Guide
InstantOS 8.5 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor I

It is not only not hidden but also mentioned in official manuals. Do you know how one can use this option?

And what is the meaning of the M3 in the description of this parameter?

Highlighted
Guru Elite

The M3 is a very old controller supervisor card.  The knob was to influence how that platform functioned back in the day and might not even be valid today.  It was only used by engineering and I would honestly forget about it.

ArubaOS 8.5 User Guide
InstantOS 8.5 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos

View solution in original post

Occasional Contributor I

Thank you for your quick answer.

Search Airheads