Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

what setting allows the rap-3wn to boot without requiring an active connection on e0%3F

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  what setting allows the rap-3wn to boot without requiring an active connection on e0%3F

Posted Oct 18, 2013 10:30 AM

• 2.  RE: what setting allows the rap-3wn to boot without requiring an active connection on e0%3F
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 18, 2013 10:59 AM

Upgrade IAP is running on the latest IAP image
    Set IAP to standalone mode (Maintenance --> Convert --> Standalone AP). The step needs IAP reboot.
    Set "enforce ethernet" below uplink (Settings --> Uplink --> Uplink preference --> Ethernet).
    Power up IAP by power adaptor OR battery pack

instant.PNG

• 3.  RE: what setting allows the rap-3wn to boot without requiring an active connection on e0%3F

Posted Oct 18, 2013 01:15 PM

Hello,

Thank you two questions..

Where is the settings field to perform this step?

Set "enforce ethernet" below uplink (Settings --> Uplink --> Uplink preference --> Ethernet).

Checking the box "Can be used without and uplink"  under the advanced settings of the SSID. 

I would think that the setting would only apply to the SSID itself and not the RAP requiring e0 to be online in order for it to complete its POST and anable the WLAN?

• 4.  RE: what setting allows the rap-3wn to boot without requiring an active connection on e0%3F

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 18, 2013 01:24 PM

@achorn wrote:

Hello,

Thank you two questions..

Where is the settings field to perform this step?

Checking the box "Can be used without and uplink"  under the advanced settings of the SSID. 

I would think that the setting would only apply to the SSID itself and not the RAP requiring e0 to be online in order for it to complete its POST and anable the WLAN?

You should upgrade to the latest IAP image to see the Uplink Preference Option.  That needs to be set so that the IAP will come up without an ethernet link.

"Can be used without an uplink" lets the IAP know which SSID to broadcast when there is no link.

• 5.  RE: what setting allows the rap-3wn to boot without requiring an active connection on e0%3F

Posted Oct 18, 2013 01:27 PM

I upgraded already to 3.4.0.3_40346 and do not see the uplink preference..where is it located? Thank you

• 6.  RE: what setting allows the rap-3wn to boot without requiring an active connection on e0%3F

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 18, 2013 01:30 PM

Did you convert it to standalone mode and reboot?

• 7.  RE: what setting allows the rap-3wn to boot without requiring an active connection on e0%3F

Posted Oct 18, 2013 01:31 PM

yes

• 8.  RE: what setting allows the rap-3wn to boot without requiring an active connection on e0%3F

Posted Oct 18, 2013 01:32 PM

I am rebooting it again..just unplugged the power adapter..

• 9.  RE: what setting allows the rap-3wn to boot without requiring an active connection on e0%3F

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 18, 2013 01:36 PM

Please clear your browser cache, as well before logging in.

• 10.  RE: what setting allows the rap-3wn to boot without requiring an active connection on e0%3F

Posted Oct 18, 2013 01:39 PM

ok doing it now

• 11.  RE: what setting allows the rap-3wn to boot without requiring an active connection on e0%3F

Posted Oct 18, 2013 01:46 PM

ok clear browser cache but under what heading will I  find Uplink Preference Option?

System, Security , Maintenance? I can't seem to find this option..Thank you

• 12.  RE: what setting allows the rap-3wn to boot without requiring an active connection on e0%3F

• 13.  RE: what setting allows the rap-3wn to boot without requiring an active connection on e0%3F

Posted Oct 18, 2013 01:57 PM

ok I watched the video and everything in it I did..but where is the uplink preference option to disable the need for e0 on boot up?

Thank you

• 14.  RE: what setting allows the rap-3wn to boot without requiring an active connection on e0%3F

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 18, 2013 02:00 PM

upllink.PNG