Wireless Access

last person joined: 11 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

what should be the setup like master -master or master -local for configuring gre tunnel .

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  what should be the setup like master -master or master -local for configuring gre tunnel .

Posted Aug 11, 2016 05:32 AM

What should be the setup like master -master or master -local for configuring gre tunnel between controllers .

Regards,

Mallikarjun

• 2.  RE: what should be the setup like master -master or master -local for configuring gre tunnel .

Posted Aug 16, 2016 07:33 PM

You can set up a GRE tunnel in either arrangement: M-M or M-L

GRE tunnels are like interfaces on the controller and don't care whether the controler is Local or Master.

What are you trying to use the tunnels for?

• 3.  RE: what should be the setup like master -master or master -local for configuring gre tunnel .

Posted Aug 17, 2016 12:45 AM

Hi ,

I am doing it for master  to master and both are in same subnet and have connected to a same switch in same vlan..but i dont know which vlan to be used among the controller vlans, in controller i have vlan1.

Regards,

Mallikarjun 

• 4.  RE: what should be the setup like master -master or master -local for configuring gre tunnel .

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 17, 2016 04:24 AM

If they are connected to the same swich, why not just connect both controllers to the same VLAN?  A gre tunnel is typically to get traffic from one device to another that do not have a physical connection...

• 5.  RE: what should be the setup like master -master or master -local for configuring gre tunnel .

Posted Aug 17, 2016 05:04 AM

Hi Collin ,

Thank you for sharing your knowledge regarding GRE tunnel.

Now i concluded if there is no physical connectivity then only we can use GRE tunnel right?

Regards,

Mallikarjun

• 6.  RE: what should be the setup like master -master or master -local for configuring gre tunnel .

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 17, 2016 05:27 AM
    What are you trying to do?

• 7.  RE: what should be the setup like master -master or master -local for configuring gre tunnel .

Posted Aug 17, 2016 05:37 AM

i am practising labs for project purposes i am working as a technical trainee..and i have to do documentation of the same by doing lab in our office lab.

Regards,

Mallikarjun

• 8.  RE: what should be the setup like master -master or master -local for configuring gre tunnel .

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 17, 2016 05:43 AM
    That is good. What are you trying to do with the gre tunnel? The instruction on how to set it up will vary based on what you want to do with it.

• 9.  RE: what should be the setup like master -master or master -local for configuring gre tunnel .

Posted Aug 17, 2016 08:12 AM

Ok.

Regards,

Mallikarjun