Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

when I configure 2 Master controller and 2 local controllers what is the Master IP on locals?

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  when I configure 2 Master controller and 2 local controllers what is the Master IP on locals?

Posted May 19, 2014 04:03 PM

When I configure 2 controllers as a Master-Master backup and 2 local controller on local controllers which IP should I configure VRRP IP?

• 2.  RE: when I configure 2 Master controller and 2 local controllers what is the Master IP on locals?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 19, 2014 04:06 PM
    The layer 2 segment that the masters share should be where your VRRP IP
    lives.

• 3.  RE: when I configure 2 Master controller and 2 local controllers what is the Master IP on locals?

Posted May 19, 2014 04:20 PM

thank you but I didnt get it now I need to do this scenario on local what IP should I type?

• 4.  RE: when I configure 2 Master controller and 2 local controllers what is the Master IP on locals?

Posted May 19, 2014 09:54 PM

From the 6.3 User guide:

In the WebUI

1.Navigate to the Configuration > Advanced Services > Redundancy page on the WebUI for each of the local controllers.
     2.Under Virtual Router Table, click Add to create a VRRP instance.
     3.Enter the IP Address for the virtual router. Select the VLAN on which VRRP will run. Set the Admin State to Up.
     4.Click Done to apply the configuration and add the VRRP instance.

In the CLI

(host)(config) #vvrrp <id>

ip address <ipaddr>

vlan <vlan>

no shutdown

You will find this information under Configuring the Local Controller for Redundancy in the online 6.3 user guide.

• 5.  RE: when I configure 2 Master controller and 2 local controllers what is the Master IP on locals?

Posted May 20, 2014 03:10 PM

Thank you but I know about redandancy I mean on the local controllers if I have 2 masters what IP should I type in Master IP paramters in local controllers and also I need to understand when I deploy master local systems with no VRRP does the profiles copied automatically to the local or shoudl I do the same configrations .

• 6.  RE: when I configure 2 Master controller and 2 local controllers what is the Master IP on locals?

Posted May 20, 2014 04:47 PM
    Use the VRRP IP when specifying the master IP.

In a master and local setup, the configuration is always done on the master
    and synced automatically to the locals.