Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

which Logged Alert Visibility option we have to choose for TRIGGERS?

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  which Logged Alert Visibility option we have to choose for TRIGGERS?

Posted Jul 11, 2019 09:30 AM
      |   view attached

Hi Everyone,

Kindly let me know which Logged Alert Visibility option we have to choose for TRIGGERS?

And explain the scenario when we have to use perticular options(trigger agent / by role) and why.

As per the user guide below is the explination.

But I am unable to understand it.

"Define the Logged Alert Visibility, in which you can choose how this trigger is distributed. The trigger can
    distribute according to how is it generated (triggering agent), or by the role with which it is associated"

Regards,

Mallikarjun

• 2.  RE: which Logged Alert Visibility option we have to choose for TRIGGERS?
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 11, 2019 01:35 PM

If we have the role selected as "triggering agent" the alert generated will be visible to all the users with any role.

However, if we have it selected as "by role" the alert generated will be visible only to the users with same role who have created that trigger definition. 

For example if its the admin user with admin role created that definition, every user who falls into admin role will be able to see the alert for that trigger.

• 3.  RE: which Logged Alert Visibility option we have to choose for TRIGGERS?

Posted Jul 12, 2019 01:16 AM

Hi Vishnu,

I really appreciate your help.

Regards,

Mallikarjun.