Wireless Access

last person joined: 8 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

which internal database?

This thread has been viewed 8 times
  • 1.  which internal database?

Posted Mar 20, 2012 07:45 AM

using the internal database for captive portal in a master / local configuration. which database is used for clients accessing APs on the local controller?

• 2.  RE: which internal database?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 20, 2012 07:45 AM

@boneyard wrote:

using the internal database for captive portal in a master / local configuration. which database is used for clients accessing APs on the local controller?

By default, the internal database on the master controller.

• 3.  RE: which internal database?

Posted Mar 20, 2012 07:53 AM

thank you (as always) :)

that sounds like it is possible to use another internal database? where can that be configured?

• 4.  RE: which internal database?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 20, 2012 07:55 AM

@boneyard wrote:

There is only one local database, and it exists on each controller.  Your only option is whether the internal database is on the local controller used, or the one on master controller.  It is the master controller, by default.  On the local, there is an option in the local database to override this and use the database on the local, instead.

• 5.  RE: which internal database?

Posted Mar 20, 2012 10:24 AM

where could i find that settings on the local controller, it doesn't really jump out to me when checking the local database config in the GUI.

• 6.  RE: which internal database?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 20, 2012 10:26 AM

@boneyard wrote:

where could i find that settings on the local controller, it doesn't really jump out to me when checking the local database config in the GUI.

If you SSH into the local controller, you can do this:

config t

aaa authentication-server internal use-local-switch

It should also show up on the local controller in the GUI under Security> Authentication> Internal DB.

***These settings will ONLY show up if a controller is configured as a local.