Wireless Access

last person joined: 9 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

wired port 802.1x + SW behind the port | PC's workstation cant auth,WHY?

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  wired port 802.1x + SW behind the port | PC's workstation cant auth,WHY?

Posted Nov 25, 2015 10:06 PM

Hi Guys,

Spoiler
    Spoiler
    802.1x Wired port + SW , PC'S cant authenticate

I deployed RAP-155 units in front of 72XX controller and enabled 802.1x on wired port of the unit in order for PC's workstation will be able to connect with 802.1x

Its working like needed,BUT,When connecting SW(switch) to that port,PC's behind the switch port unable to authenticate and faile in authentication.

WHY?

Please advise. Attached a Diagram.

6.4.3.5_rap155_fix_note.jpg

Thanks in advance,

Me.

#RAP155

• 2.  RE: wired port 802.1x + SW behind the port | PC's workstation cant auth,WHY?
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 25, 2015 10:09 PM

That is because 802.1x is "link local" so the first switch that sees an eapol (802.1x) frame has to do something with it, or discard it.  Very few switches are designed to pass through 802.1x frames.  Please see the post here;   http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Remote-Networking/wired-802-1-x-authentication/td-p/3198

• 3.  RE: wired port 802.1x + SW behind the port | PC's workstation cant auth,WHY?

Posted Nov 25, 2015 10:38 PM

:) Love your fast answers,i need faster ADSL connection
    :) THANK u for the info