Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

wrong timeline in usage diagram

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  wrong timeline in usage diagram

Posted Sep 12, 2012 02:34 AM

Hi,

we use Airwave since 6.x as 32bit version and upgraded it to 7.5.3 as 64bit version with a complete new installation and importing a backup.

now i have 2 problems:

1. the time in the usage diagram is wrong. ( about 6 hours behind) the others times in logs are fine.

2. in visualRF all ap's are displayed as incorrect placed. we use accurate floorplans ( +-10 cm).

how can i fix this both issues ?

maddi

• 2.  RE: wrong timeline in usage diagram

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 12, 2012 07:26 AM

Please open a case with Airwave support.  The issues you mention deserve special attention to get to the bottom of the problems.

• 3.  RE: wrong timeline in usage diagram

Posted Sep 12, 2012 08:02 AM

hi cjoseph,

should i open a case because of the timeline or the incorrect placment message ?

• 4.  RE: wrong timeline in usage diagram

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 12, 2012 08:10 AM

Because you restored a backup to a new system.

• 5.  RE: wrong timeline in usage diagram

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 12, 2012 01:35 PM

What were the steps used to upgrade?  We support AMP upgrades for up to 2 releases.  This is described in: http://www.airwave.com/support/knowledge-base/?sid=50140000000Mf7D

Example:

Upgrading to 7.5.5 64-bit from 7.1.3 32-bit

1. Take backup off of 7.1.3 32-bit AMP

2.  Fresh install with 7.1.3 64-bit ISO

3.  Restore backup

4.  Upgrade to 7.3.7

5.  Upgrade to 7.5.5

The reason why a 6.x backup will not restore properly on a 7.5.5 AMP is because of changes made to the database.  As new features are added, new tables are added.  The restore process expects to fill all columns and rows of a data table.

Rob

• 6.  RE: wrong timeline in usage diagram

Posted Sep 13, 2012 01:37 AM

hi rgin,

we do a step-by step update if a new release was there.

we dont upgrade in one step. we do to the latest 32-bit then make a backup and install at the same machine the 64-bit version and import the backup. after this the problem with incorrect placed AP's cames out.

should i replace the ap's ?

• 7.  RE: wrong timeline in usage diagram

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 13, 2012 12:44 PM

Was the upgrade from 6.x to 7.5 done recently?  If so, it sounds like you skipped a known issue that happened in 7.2.

It's documented in this KB article:

http://www.airwave.com/support/knowledge-base/?sid=50140000000adZE

I've never tried to run the fix on 7.5.  If you've already moved a few APs, then the above fix won't work.  This is probably something that can be better handled in a support case, but here's what I'd do to get the placement back:

I'd find an old backup from 6.x.  Install the matching version on an extra server (for temporary use) - we'll refer to this server as New-AMP.  Restore the backup on New-AMP.  Upgrade New-AMP to 7.2 following the upgrade steps.  Run through the fix from the KB article noted above on New-AMP.  Verify placement after going through the fix on New-AMP.  Upgrade New-AMP to 7.5 following the upgrade steps.  Double check the VisualRF on New-AMP.  Take a VisualRF backup from New-AMP.  Then delete the floor plans on the current-AMP.  And restore the fresh made VisualRF backup from New-AMP on current-AMP.

Otherwise, the alternative is to manually move all APs on each floor plan.

• 8.  RE: wrong timeline in usage diagram

Posted Sep 14, 2012 02:32 AM

hi, i moved a few ap's on the floor plan and saved it, but they still appears as wrong placed :-/

• 9.  RE: wrong timeline in usage diagram

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 14, 2012 10:52 AM

Yeah, manually moving the APs will cause the fix to not work.  Do you have a lot of APs / Floor plans?  If you don't then manually moving is probably the best way.  Otherwise try opening a support case, they should be able to create a VisualRF backup from your older data if you don't have a spare server to run through the steps.