Wireless Water Cooler

last person joined: 15 days ago 

Hang out and socialize with other community members in this off topic forum. Everything from industry trends to hobbies and interests are welcomed!
Expand all | Collapse all

5GHZ A/N Radios on AP-121

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  5GHZ A/N Radios on AP-121

Posted Nov 14, 2015 11:56 AM

I have an Aruba Mobility Controller 800 running ArubaOS 3.4.1.0 and have 16 AP-121's. I have tried to create a WLAN that will use the A/N radio on a 5GHZ band, but it isn't working. I created a WLAN in the WLAN configuration tool, but after I clicked Finish, the new WLAN was nowhere to be found in the group. I have a current setup running on the b/g radios with HT on, and it seems to be running okay, but I would like the A/N radio to be enabled as well, on 5Ghz/ and 2.5 Ghz. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

• 2.  RE: 5GHZ A/N Radios on AP-121

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 14, 2015 12:18 PM

The AP-121 only has a single radio that can be either 2.4ghz or 5ghz.  The RF band parameter in the AP system profile determines what band a single-band access point will broadcast on.  If you change that parameter to A, all of the 121's will broadcast on 5ghz.

Alternatively If you want the AP 121's to broadcast on BOTH 2.4 and 5ghz, in the ARM profile, you can change the ARM Assignment to "Multi-Band", and it will use ARM to decide what APS are on 2.4 and where  it has enough coverage, it will assign other AP-121s to the 5ghz band...

Please let me know if you have any further questions about this.

• 3.  RE: 5GHZ A/N Radios on AP-121

Posted Nov 14, 2015 12:22 PM
    Thank you for the quick response, I had figured as much, when I was reading the specs sheet I saw only a single radio. Is there a way I can disable the b/g/n portion of the AP and enable the A/N portion in my settings? because no matter what I do, the AP's A/N Light is always off.

Sent from my iPhone

• 4.  RE: 5GHZ A/N Radios on AP-121
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 14, 2015 12:23 PM

It was in my post above.  In the AP system profile for that ap-group, change the RF band to A.