Wireless Water Cooler

last person joined: 16 days ago 

Hang out and socialize with other community members in this off topic forum. Everything from industry trends to hobbies and interests are welcomed!
Expand all | Collapse all

can we connect SmartTVs, Chromecast, and others to Aruba wifi APs

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  can we connect SmartTVs, Chromecast, and others to Aruba wifi APs

Posted Aug 27, 2014 12:05 PM

hello,

in our university, some students/staff are trying to connect SmartTVs, Chromecast, AppleTVs,  and others to the Aurba wifi  enterprise network.

Are there any issue with this?  Can they be connected?   Are there any special  network settings (ports, protocols, etc....)  to  turn on or off  in the Controllers, APs (93H) ?

controller is a 7220  ver 6.2.1.4

thanks so much,

Ariel

• 2.  RE: can we connect SmartTVs, Chromecast, and others to Aruba wifi APs
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 27, 2014 12:12 PM

Yes, you can. You should use Aruba's AirGroup feature. To support chromecasts, you should upgrade to 6.4.x code.

Start here: 

http://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/ArubaOS_64x_WebHelp/Web_Help_Index.htm#ArubaFrameStyles/AirGroup/Introducing_Aruba_AirGroup.htm%3FTocPath%3DAirGroup%7C_____0

• 3.  RE: can we connect SmartTVs, Chromecast, and others to Aruba wifi APs
    Best Answer

Posted Aug 27, 2014 02:25 PM

Kudos. thanks very much  capalli.  

appreciate your help.

ariel

• 4.  RE: can we connect SmartTVs, Chromecast, and others to Aruba wifi APs

Posted Feb 11, 2016 08:31 AM

I am trying to find a solution to an issue related to this, we have a small Aruba IAP-93 network and have 6.4.2.6-41.1.11_52666.

Apple TV works but Chromecasts although connected are not visible to devices trying to use them. I am pretty new to Aruba via OEM Alcatel and no matter what I do I cant enable Airgroup, there is no tab to do so withing the IAP more>services tab.

Serching around I seem, I think, to have all i need but cant get this working.

• 5.  RE: can we connect SmartTVs, Chromecast, and others to Aruba wifi APs

Posted Feb 11, 2016 09:52 AM

Hi,

I'd recommend starting a new topic on this. The one you've commented on is from 2014.

Cheers

James