Wireless Water Cooler

last person joined: 15 days ago 

Hang out and socialize with other community members in this off topic forum. Everything from industry trends to hobbies and interests are welcomed!
Expand all | Collapse all

cisco 2960 wifi configuration

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  cisco 2960 wifi configuration

Posted May 15, 2015 09:25 AM

Our IT department just purchased several Cisco 2960-X switches and I am trying to configure these to work with our existing iAP225s. The port on which the iAP225 is connected to is programmed for both wifi management and wifi data (for clients). I can see the iAP225 fine via the Virtual Controller GUI but my wireless devices are not picking up an IP number on the data side. I suspect it's somekind of quirky config line on the Cisco. Quick note: This AP work just fine on a Nortel 470.

Any ideas ? Thanks. 

• 2.  RE: cisco 2960 wifi configuration

Posted May 15, 2015 10:09 AM

Can you please share your port config on the Cisco switch and IAP wired settings ?

• 3.  RE: cisco 2960 wifi configuration

Posted May 15, 2015 11:01 AM

All is working now.

My configs appeared to be ok from the GUI interface so I tested all required vlans individually on a separate switch port. As soon as I added my data vlan to another port, the wifi connection on my laptop started working properly. Simply adding the correct vlans via the CLI was not enough, I had to do it via the GUI interface.

I will be testing a few more options before putting the switch in operation but for now all is good.

Thanks to those who responded.

• 4.  RE: cisco 2960 wifi configuration

Posted Jun 17, 2015 05:39 PM
    did you type "commit apply" on the cli or "write memory"? if you didn't type commit then the settings will not have been pushed to the virtual controller. write me only saves them in memory.

• 5.  RE: cisco 2960 wifi configuration

Posted Jun 22, 2015 08:44 AM
    After several re-configurations I finally got it to work properly.
    Thanks for the response.

Claude.

Claude J. Comtois

Administrateur de Réseaux
    Services Informatiques
    Université Laurentienne

Network and Wireless Administrator
    Information Technology
    Laurentian University

Sudbury Ontario. P3E 2C6
    Tel : (705) 675-1151 Ex : 2297
    Fax : (705) 675-4857