Wireless Water Cooler

last person joined: 15 days ago 

Hang out and socialize with other community members in this off topic forum. Everything from industry trends to hobbies and interests are welcomed!
Expand all | Collapse all

clients complaining of slow network

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  clients complaining of slow network

Posted May 15, 2014 04:02 PM

I have clients complaining about slow wireless network. they mostly come from a single floor that has about 30 users on it. they have 3 AP's about 25 feet apart about. there is 1x135 and 2x225's all clients are MAC's either MAC Air or Pro. 2/3 of the clients seem to prefer the 135 for some reason. the AP's are connected to Gig ports on the switch and PoE+ for the 225's. Most clients are doing web requests and the others are doing go to meeting.

Any idea's on where and what to start troubleshooting?

#AP225
    #AP135

• 2.  RE: clients complaining of slow network

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 15, 2014 04:37 PM

What band are the clients connected on?

Do you have 'drop broadcast/multicast' enabled?

Is the slowness at particular times of the day?

Do you have client-match enabled?

• 3.  RE: clients complaining of slow network

Posted May 16, 2014 11:49 AM

What band are the clients connected on? 5.0GHz

Do you have 'drop broadcast/multicast' enabled? i"m not sure

Is the slowness at particular times of the day? not really, random days and times, but consistan complaints

Do you have client-match enabled? no, i dint believe it is on by default and i dont thing the customer configured it.

• 4.  RE: clients complaining of slow network

Posted May 15, 2014 11:58 PM
    What's your min and max power settings on your arm profile? High power levels can cause roaming issues.

• 5.  RE: clients complaining of slow network

Posted May 16, 2014 11:50 AM

Not sure i will look today as soon as i get access to the controller. i'm sure it is default settings.