Contributor I

Wireless RF impedence

Hey all!

Happy friday! I have a general question about technology. Lemme break down what I am trying to accomplish so you have some back ground.

I am looking at doing a Site Survey which requires testing signal with the AP's about 20 feet in the air. I was thinking about acquiring a telescopic or somehow extendable pole that will allow me to get that sucker up that high.

When I'm looking at a pole that length, or really any pole to be honest, they're made of aluminum. What I am wondering is this pole going to impede with wireless signal comin' out of the AP?

Thanks in advance! Have a great weekend!
Guru Elite

Re: Wireless RF impedence

Please see the setup here: https://www.cwnp.com/cwnp_wifi_blog/site-survey-rigs

Yes it is a Cisco access point that the survey is being done with, the same principle should apply for all.

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.3 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Contributor I

That's a great start. Thanks a lot, man.
Aruba

Wireless RF impedence

Adam,

If you can mount the standard AP125 mounting bracket to an "L" bracket that connects to the painters stick then you have an easily attached/detached rig.

I can loan you a painting stick I have used for these type of activities in the past if you want btw ;)
Contributor I

The question is, Jason....just how big is your pole?
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: